Tab into amount field / Auto highlight - Feature Request

wzastrow

Would it be possible to add the following functionality?

When entering a transaction, I tab from one field to the next. Once I get to the "Amount:" field it would be great if the previous amount or the 0's were already highlighted. That way I could just enter my new dollar amount & keep moving.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

:D

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I 'm not sure I understand your request, the amount is already selected when you tab to it. What do you expect?

wzastrow

When I tab into the amount field, the cursor is sitting at the beginning of the amount. I have to manually highlight the amount to type over it. If I mouse click into the amount field then the amount is highlighted for you which would be what I'm looking for only with the tab key as explained. I am using the Windows version.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Strange. I have just tried the Windows version. When tabbing thru transaction field up to amount field, that field is fully highlighted. I mean, the text is selected. Don't you get the same?

wzastrow

No, my cursor is just at the beginning of the amount with nothing highlighted. The behavior you're seeing is exactly what I'm looking for though!

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Really strange. I can't reproduce you problem. Can you give me an exact step by step procedure?

chrislaker

Transaction tabing

I'm using the PC version and agree that when tabing across, all fields other than the amount field are highlighted. The curser sits at the front of 0.00.

chrislaker

In the Transaction window pick an existing transaction. Place curser in day field, tab across field, as it goes across it does highlight each entry till it gets to the Amount field where the curser sits in the front of the amount.

wzastrow

That is a great description of the issue I am seeing. Thanks Chris. Can anything be done to correct it? It would be very helpful.