suggestion: switch between multiple remote lists quickly

luctrudel

Hello Stan,

I have a suggestion.

I would like to be able to switch between multiple remote lists quickly.

Right now I have to switch by going into preferences (options) and -general- change url, each time

Thank You for taking note

Luc

luctrudel

Update: I have a trouble with list command

The ony way I have found to use remote lists in mbm is using one get list at a time.

Your answer made me think I may not have the right setup.

When I try with list command instead i get internal 500 error.

Any idea why?

Here are my server settings info

PHP version : 5.2.2

mySQL Host: 10.8.12.15 via TCP/IP
mySQL Server: 5.0.77-log
mySQL Client: 5.0.24a
mySQL Protocol: 10
mySQL Charset: latin1

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>500 Internal Server Error</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Internal Server Error</h1>
<p>The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
your request.</p>
<p>Please contact the server administrator,
[email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred,
and anything you might have done that may have
caused the error.</p>
<p>More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.</p>
</body></html>

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
What is the URL of your MLM script. Sorry but I did not understand well your problem so far.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
In MaxBulk Mailer you just need to use 'http://myurl.org/mlm/mlm.php'. 'http://myurl.org/mlm/mlm.php?cmd=lists&pwd=mypass' is only for using on a browser. If you get a 500 error it means there is something wrong with the installation. Usually the server maintains an error log. You should look at that log to see the exact reason for the error.

luctrudel

I Phone the server company and they gave me this error log.

______

The follow error message is appearing on your database error log due to a query hanging:

Aug 26 14:05:23 <udb15.user.info> monitormysql: kill dbusername=u70655562 hosttype=cgi querytype=Killed querytime=150 query=SELECT UPDATE_TIME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES WHERE table_name='tbl_mlm_sub'

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I don't see what the problem could be. It looks like the server is receiving the query properly. Have you asked the server company about what they think of that error?

luctrudel

Hello,

Do you know what part of the mlm script could be affected. If I was to replace the least number of files, what would they be, meaning those that are involved in the cmd=lists .

Please note: I always found it confusing that the mlm script does not actually come with the mailer program folder of files and that when I download it it is called mlm_lite_php instead of pro or full.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The version you have is a single file called mlm.php. Inside that file, first you have the command parameter checker, then the command handler and finally all the functions grouped by category. The error you get is produced by the function itself, not sure at which line. By the way, are you sure your mySQL settings are correct, I mean the user ID and password give you full access to the database?

About your note, the full MLM version comes with MaxBulk Mailer.

luctrudel

I do have full access to the database.

About your note, the full MLM version comes with MaxBulk Mailer.

Where? Is there a folder part of the mailer program? I never seen such folder. (like I said, the only place where I was able to fing that folder was the one freely available on the scripts page) Maybe it is something new that it comes with Maxbulk mailer but I don't think so. It's confusing. How do I know that the mlm I am using is the right one? The files themselves are not included with any mailer download as to my knowledge. It is a separate download, right?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
We have been including MLM since the very first release of MaxBulk Mailer v6. It is in the 'Goodies/Mailing List Manager' folder. Very last MLM is included with very last MaxBulk Mailer. MLM v2 will be included wuth MaxBulk Mailer v7.

luctrudel

I had originally bought the ultimate email tool-kit and had upgraded to v6 sometime this year. Why didn't I see this folder (goodies) you are talking about. Is it possible it was not contained in the french version or that it was only with mac?

Either way is it possible for me to get it. I still have my serial.

LT

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
On the Mac it is called 'Goodies'. On the PC it is called 'mlm'. The script comes with all languages. Have you looed at you MaxBulk Mailer install folder? You should have a mlm folder. Make sure you have installed last v6.7

luctrudel

I did upgrade to v6,7. When I upgraded to 6 all I remember getting was the setup/upgrade.exe file. I don't know about the mlm folder except the one downloaded freely from your site, the lite version.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The mlm folder is created by the installer. You have to look at the installed MaxBulk Mailer folder.

luctrudel

MLM: Problem discovered

I would like you to know that the folder mlm and Goodies do not come with the windows version. It only comes with the mac version.

There seems to be a different priority in effort at maintaining the mac product versions and the Windows one.

All this time, your comments were so confusing, and I actually never was able to get everything working as it should to this day.

I don't have that much time to work with it but this confusion did not help one bit.

Maybe you could do something to compensate the windows versions users when the new update comes out.

Luc

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I would like you to know that the folder mlm and Goodies do not come with the windows version. It only comes with the mac version.
In the windows version mlm comes inside the installer and it is copied to your hard disk inside the MaxBulk Mailer application folder. In other words, after the installation you have a folder called 'mlm' inside MaxBulk Mailer application folder. If it is not the case make sure you are using current v6.8 installer and not an old one. This is a verified statements. MLM is really copied to your hard disk as part as the installation. I certify it.
There seems to be a different priority in effort at maintaining the mac product versions and the Windows one.
Yes indeed. PC version needs more work so we make extra checkings on that platform. On the PC platform we also have to create an installer and sign it. That doesn't exist on the Mac side however there are other things to.
All this time, your comments were so confusing, and I actually never was able to get everything working as it should to this day.
Well, I don't know what more to say. I take v6.8, run the installer and MLM is copied to the MaxBulk Mailer application folder.
I don't have that much time to work with it but this confusion did not help one bit.
Just run v6.8 installer and look at that folder. It takes half a minute.
Maybe you could do something to compensate the windows versions users when the new update comes out.
Well, next v7 will have an MLM installer inside MaxBulk Mailer.