subscribing in different languages

Hi Stan,
the unsubscribing in different languages works perfect now. Even the translations into French, German and Spanish are very good.
But how does it work the other way round?
Imagine our shop being presented in 4 different languages. Each language has its own page/site.
Matters become already difficult now, when a German want to subscribe to the NL, but everything he faces is in English "your name here, your last name their etc." That scares them off.
Even worse with the french because less people speak and understand english.
I have made it now the subscribe_auto_single.php file bilingual in English and German. But this does not help me with my french and spanish clients.
How can I create "subscribe files" in other languages, that will redirect the subscriber also to the corret mailing list in MLM??
Thanks in advance.
Kind regards
George R.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Do you mean you want to detect the user language and present the right translation?

stanbusk said:
Do you mean you want to detect the user language and present the right translation?

No (or maybe yes...). I have enclosed a screenshot, of what the user sees, once he is clicking on the HP that says: subscribe to our newsletter!
As you can see, I have added German to the pure English to make it understandable for the non-language-educated average German.
But actually I need one window in plain German, one in English, one in French, Spanish.
I did not find the relevant templates.
kind regards
George Reeh

austing

Just to clarify, do you mean a separate page for German and English? If it is, I think you need to create a new script here but not entirely sure of it though.

very simple: a German subscribing to the list should see a German page, an English speaking person an English page, a Spaniard a Spanish page and so on.
I don't understand why you have the response pages in all languages but not the greeting page (or subscription page or whatever you want to call this page, of which I sent you the screenshot)
kind regards
George

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
What I said, you need to use IP geolocalization to detect the country of the visitor. It is what I do in the maxprog.com pages.

Stan,
si je comprend bien, vous êtes Français, alors je vais essayer d'expliquer
mon problème en français. premièrement je pense, vous jouez un peut de
"Catch 22": Au lieu d'une réponse à ma question, vous retournez la question
et c'est pas une aide ...

Maxprog offre des messages de réponse en cinq langues (sans geotagging!),
c'est pourquoi vous devez aussi être capables d'offrir les pages pour
l'enscription d'abonnement en 5 langues! et sans geotagging. Autrement il
fait aucune sens d'offrir pages de réponse en français, espagnols et
autres, mais les pages d'inscription seulement en anglais! Il doit exister
une possibilité de construire les pages d'inscription selon la langue (pas
par pays).

Alors, pouvez-vous me dire où je peux faire ça moi-même ? Ou est-ce que
vous voulez internationaliser votre programme vous même correctement et
complètement ?

Salutations

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
MLM a été localisé en plusieurs langues, oui. Vous pouvez sélectionner la langue à utiliser par MLM dans le fichier lm.php ou ajouter le paramètre 'lang' aux commandes de MLM pour choisir la langue. Je ne sais pas si cela répond à votre question, je suis le developeur de MLM.

Non, c'est pas la réponse. Regardez s.v.p. le screenshot que j'ai envoyé. Ça c'est le problème!
Montrez moi s.v.p.: où est le template (modèle) de cette fenêtre en Français???? Le template, vers lequel je peut diriger la comande &lang=fr ???
Montrez moi s.v.p. où sont les mots: your e-mail address, first name, last name, required, submit subscribe, unsubscribe en Français?? Où je trouve prénom, nom, obligatoire etc. dans cette logiciel? sur quelle modèle?
Salutations
JR

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Cette page doit être traduite par vous même, tous les exemples de pages de souscriptions ne sont qu'en anglais. Vous avez d'ailleurs modifié cette page, faites autant de copies que de langues à supporter et traduisez-les.

Finalement c'est claire. But it would be nice, if you could give in your documentation and online manual a little hint, that the subscribe - unsubscribe window in other language has to be made in the DIY method.
Merci bien. Salutations! :)