Subscribe & Unsubscribe loop for list email address

bdaane

I've received over 500 emails from yesterday of a email address on one of my lists being "Subscribed & Unsubscribed". How can I stop this madness? I know there's no LOOP written into the software code but I've seen this thread before but don't know how to stop it. I've blacklisted but nothing is working. Any information would be greatly appreciated on how to stop this ASAP.

bdaane

Here's a screen shot of webmail. I've received 207 emails back from my server saying a single person that was on the list has either Subscribed or Unsubscribed. These are confirmation emails which is being generated by MaxBulk php. I've tried to blacklist this certain email address but that doesn't work. I've added him back, then taken off... Don't know what else do to. Our VPS hosting company doesn't know either besides possibly deleting the Im folder on the server. Any thoughts?

bdaane

Also don't know what this might be in the error_log on in the lm folder on server that I just checked

[08-Sep-2015 12:15:40 America/Denver] PHP Warning: Missing argument 2 for GetList(), called in /home/mkrgroup/public_html/MaxBulk/lm/lm.php on line 836 and defined in /home/mkrgroup/public_html/MaxBulk/lm/lm_functions.php on line 1099

I'm using MaxBulk Pro version 8.5 by the way. I haven't updated any of the MLM files on the server in a long time but also don't want to mess up any lists or what not. Don't know if these ever get updated actually.

Is there a place that I can just stop the "confirmation" emails of someone being subscribed or un? I'm guessing this is taxing on our server as well having this loop. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

bdaane

Also the lm.php file on the server says -
* begin : Friday, Feb 09, 2007
* copyright : (C) 2008 - 2010 - Max Programming, LLC

I've never seen any updates to the MLM files.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Also don't know what this might be in the error_log on in the lm folder on server that I just checked
[08-Sep-2015 12:15:40 America/Denver] PHP Warning: Missing argument 2 for GetList(), called in /home/mkrgroup/public_html/MaxBulk/lm/lm.php on line 836 and defined in /home/mkrgroup/public_html/MaxBulk/lm/lm_functions.php on line 1099
This is a warning, not an error actually. PHP have several level of error/warning reporting. You can ignore that warning.
I'm using MaxBulk Pro version 8.5 by the way. I haven't updated any of the MLM files on the server in a long time but also don't want to mess up any lists or what not. Don't know if these ever get updated actually.
The best is to use the very last MLM version, that doesn't alter your data since it is a on a mySQL server.
Is there a place that I can just stop the "confirmation" emails of someone being subscribed or un? I'm guessing this is taxing on our server as well having this loop. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
MLM uses the standard PHP mail() function that uses your mail server. Your problem is internal, something wrong between the PHP server software and the mail server.
Also the lm.php file on the server says -
* begin : Friday, Feb 09, 2007
* copyright : (C) 2008 - 2010 - Max Programming, LLC
We work on MLM continuously. The version is on the lm.php file.

bdaane

What is the latest version of MLM? I can't find the download. Says I'm using -
$script_name = "Maxprog List Manager";
$script_version = "v3.0.3";

bdaane

Can I just load these files "lm folder" over old one on server without any issues? should be fine? Permissions issues possibly? Thanks,

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe you don't want to overwrite the lm_settings.php file :) ... same if you have modified lm_prefs.php file...

Well, I am having exactly the same problem since yesterday. I continuously receive subscribe/unsubscribe notifications from a specific email address. I use the latest version of MLM scripts (3.1.6). Is this some sort of an internal error in my setup here or an external attempt to hack the system?