Subscribe Issue

Monte Allums

Okay. I downloaded my Mailchimp list and have imported into MaxBulk Mailer using the upload function from the browser (from a text file) upload feature and named the list:

monteallums.com

But when I test subscribing to the this list the email gets placed into another separate list named:

monteallums.com.php

And that comes up as a separate list. It doesn't place the subscribed email into the list I uploaded (monteallums.com). This is an issue. Why doesn't the new subscribed email address get placed in the list I originally uploaded named (monteallums.com)? I tried just renaming the list to (monteallums.com.php) but then that list has (.php) added to the list becoming (monteallums.com.php.php) name every time I subscribe an email address to it.

Bottom line. I want one list where everything gets subscribed to it. Not two separate lists. What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-03-03 04.28.03.jpg
    Screenshot 2019-03-03 04.28.03.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 5

Monte Allums

Yes, I tried naming it Newsletter and it still does the same thing. I upload using the app upload feature (see attached screen shot). I followed the directions and made sure the tab delimited text file has 'First Name' 'Last Name' and 'email' address fields. Every time I test subscribe an email address after uploading the list it creates a new list with (.php) added to the list name I gave it originally and adds the new email address to that list. So I end up with two lists. One named Newsletter and one named Newsletter.php.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-03-04 06.17.57.jpg
    Screenshot 2019-03-04 06.17.57.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 4

Monte Allums

Also, each time I add a email address it adds another (.php) to the list name. This has redered my list useless. My subscribers are getting frustrated and so am I.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
When you name a file try to add the '.txt' extension. About the upload issue, the fields are 'First name', 'Last name', 'Company' and 'email address'. The email address has to be the fourth column.

--
Follow maxprog.com on Facebook | Google+ | Linkedin | Twitter | YouTube
and keep up-to-date with the latest Max Programming updates!

Monte Allums

See the screen shot. It named the .txt file with .php.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 11.54.11 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 11.54.11 AM.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 4

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
You should contact your web hosting support and ask them to remove this issue. I believe they have something in place that is causing this. Just send them an email with a link to that page so they can try.

--
Follow maxprog.com on Facebook | Google+ | Linkedin | Twitter | YouTube
and keep up-to-date with the latest Max Programming updates!