Strange statistics on opening (especially gmail)

mongomery

Hello
i have strange results happening on MLM that I had opportunity to double checked with some my private gmail accounts. Pratically is showing like "open" when is delivered in inbox even if you don't actually open the message.

For example, sending 100 emails, they are going to be delivered in different time (because of gmail testing them) so pratically I'll see all 100 mails likes "opened" in different time but even if with my persona account I did not open them, just recieved them is enough for saying "open".

So the consequence is that whe I'm opening it, is showing like open twice.

Besides, the strange facts is that I installed MLM with sql but statistcs (on web server) are settled all on 0 0 0 0 0 results, indeed inside the program MLM stats in the program, restults are showing (like above written)

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
When you send your message an invisible tiny picture is added and linked to MLM. When a message is displayed, the picture is also displayed and MLM called. This is how the MLM opening tracking system works. It looks like your messages are displayed in some way so the picture is also displayed and MLM called.

mongomery

Hi Stanbusk,
Your software is really great but I believe there is something wrong in MLM. Today I made other tests, all same results. On few of them I did not even recieve the email yet (because gmail is not recieving all of them in same time but distribute on more time) and indeed is showing me "opening, even 4 times" but indeed in that test mail of mine I did not recieve the email yet.

Its not trustable if sometimes is showing corrects and sometimes not.

There are few contacts with opened 10 times and indeed me I did not open them. All test I'm doing in gmail because is the most difficult email, the @domain are showing corrects results but gmail mostly of the time, wrong.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Well, this is standard tracking actually, a one-pixel picture that is displayed, it is extremely simple. The only way to get the picture displayed is by opening the message. I use Gmail myself, I have posted videos where I use Gmail and I have never seen this behavior. Are you sure nobody is looking at your account? Have you tried to change your Gmail account password?