SQL click-through not always recording

kev

I has subscribed myself to most of all of my lists using a number of different email address to test things are working as expected.

I composed a Styled Text email today, opened a remote SQL list, uncheck everyone else but myself and sent the emails.

I received the emails ok, but when I opened Stats, nothing was recorded.

Previous mailing has click-throughs recorded, so what is causing MLM to not record some data.

I sent the full mailing and got replies from email addresses not recorded as being opened.

EDIT:

For the first time, I've received the following emails :
1146: Table 'schoolph_mlm.tbl_mlm_sub_clk_test' doesn't exist

I used the SQL code on another thread here, to create the asked for table and now click-throughs record in that table even though I'm not in test mode.

wessley

Hi Kev,

The opening of messages could not get recorded because of how the recipient has it's email application setup. In Apple Mail for example, there's a n option to not load images in HTML messages automatically. This would cause the opening of the messages not to be recorded, and there's nothing we can do about it.

Best,
Wes

wessley

Click-through works with any format. It's the opening that just works in HTML or Styled Text.

Best,
Wes

kev

This is what I'm getting at, a Styled Text e-mail I sent would not record anything. I sent it to 2 of my e-mail addresses and got no response in Stats.

Also, what is the issue with the Test SQL table being populated when I'm not in test mode? Works ok now, but there is obviously an issue somewhere.

kev

No such a stupid question... I thought they recorded as a 'Opening' and not registered as a 'Click' until a link was clicked.

wessley

Exactly...

They record as opening if they're in HTML or Styled Text format, the email program allows images in HTML to be loaded and of course you open the email.

And the click-throughs are recorded when you click on the links that your email contains, no matter the format of the email.

Are you still experiencing such problems?

Best,
Wes

kev

Ok... I have a past Styled Test email that I've sent out. It has not links in it bit 'openings' have been recorded.

I sent a Styled Test email yesterday that did not record in Stats - even when sent to my own e-mail address, so why?

wessley

Ok... I have a past Styled Test email that I've sent out. It has not links in it bit 'openings' have been recorded.

Correct.

I sent a Styled Test email yesterday that did not record in Stats - even when sent to my own e-mail address, so why?

Did you send this email to many recipients? Also, what email program are you using to read your email?

kev

I sent the e-mail to a group of 12 people. I recored before, just not yesterday. I'd love to know why :?

I use Apple mail and this works fine with previous emails I have sent.

Also, what was the '1146: Table 'schoolph_mlm.tbl_mlm_sub_clk_test' doesn't exist' caused by and why was the table not there or made previously?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Also, what was the '1146: Table 'schoolph_mlm.tbl_mlm_sub_clk_test' doesn't exist' caused by and why was the table not there or made previously?
Could you provide a link (you click on) that triggers that error? I would like to reproduce the problem here.
Try the following with your browser:
Code:
http://YOUR_DOMAIN/PATH_TO_YOUR_SCRIPT/lm.php?cmd=getclicks&pwd=YOUR_PASSWORD&delivery=THE_DELIVERY_NUMBER&return=xml
What do you get?

kev

Tried the code, I get 9 entries from 3 different e-mail addresses.

The email I sent did not have any links in it. The error emails came back just after them mailing had been sent. 11 emails out, 11 error messages back.

Could MBM have not cleared the variable to say it was no longer in test mode?