[SOLVED] How to sync both PV list and MLM list

mailrock

Hi,

I am a little confused about the list..

Say I creat a list in MB, save it then Upload it to MLM.

Then I add another afew addresses in MB and Update it to MLM.

I assume they are now both the same.

Then someone unsubscibes from the list or is added, both on MLM web.

Now they are different.

How do they get synced or is there another process?

Thanks

oz

mailrock

Re: How to sync both PV list and MLM list

Can you please bear with me and enlighten me a bit here please, as I haven't quite got me head around parts of the process especiall the relationship between the files on the hard drive and the ones online after they are uploaded.

Is there any difference to save a new list from the pull down File/Save as, or the Save Panel in the Recip page?

Is the file on the hard disk in anyway automatically synced to the file online ?

I mean when one adds a new recip in the MB Recip page, one has to re-upload to the MLM site to keep it up to date, correct? It is not automatically updated to the online file?

Also if one subscribes or unsubscribes from online, this is not reflected in the hard drive file of the same name, unless we download and replace it, correct?

See what I mean? I'm a little confused here.

Thanks for your time.. and patience :)

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member

Can you please bear with me and enlighten me a bit here please, as I haven't quite got me head around parts of the process especiall the relationship between the files on the hard drive and the ones online after they are uploaded.
If you have a list and you upload it, you will then have two copies with absolutely no relation, they are independent copies. You can see/edit one copy or the other.
Is there any difference to save a new list from the pull down File/Save as, or the Save Panel in the Recip page?
Yes, the 'File > Save' menu will save you full document. The save button on the list panel will save the current list only so it will be available in the list pull-down menu.
Is the file on the hard disk in anyway automatically synced to the file online ?
Absolutely not. As explained above once you make a copy each copy is independent.
I mean when one adds a new recip in the MB Recip page, one has to re-upload to the MLM site to keep it up to date, correct? It is not automatically updated to the online file?
To edit a MLM list you fist have to select 'Remote Lists', then the remote list by name. Then you can edit the list. If you edit the copy you used originally, you will only update that copy.
Also if one subscribes or unsubscribes from online, this is not reflected in the hard drive file of the same name, unless we download and replace it, correct?
It depends the list you used when sending the message, that list is the one that will be modified.

--
Follow maxprog.com on Facebook | Google+ | Linkedin | Twitter | YouTube
and keep up-to-date with the latest Max Programming updates!

mailrock

Many thanks for this..

I know time is always the killer, but it will help unshatter my poor old brain. :)

oz