Quits in MYSQL Import

redleader

When I go to import from MYSQL with my MaxBulk Pro v3.4-US the app just quits, disappears without a trace.

It was working fine when I last did a mailshot like this 3 months ago.

Works perfectly well other than the MYSQL which is blowing it. Thge MSQL is working fine for other apps loike CoCoaMySQL & the web.

Please don't tell me I need to upgrade as it seems illogical...

iMac INTEL Duo. 2Gig Ram, OSX 10.4.7 (latest)

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
MaxBulk Mailer v3 and v4 only support mySQL v3 or lower. Next MaxBulk Mailer v5 will support mySQL v4 and v5. Also MaxBulk Mailer v5 will be shipped as universal binaries (if not at release time, very soon later). That will help it to work properly with your actual Intel system. So yes, upgrading will be the most logical thing in the next months. Anyway, if you think it should work right now, please open a support ticket.

redleader

Ah,my ISP has updated me to PHP Version 4.3.10

After beingg unheelpful for 5 years they now kindly do this.

Talk about kind to a fault :-O

Is there a way to manually export from MySQL and import to MaxBulk ?.. I'll go and RTFB.

Thank you for your help anyway.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
You can do that with PHPmyAdmin I think. Exporting records to a text file. I use to do the opposite myself frequently.

redleader

Yes thanks, found many ways to export .csv or text files form various MySQL apps inc. CoCoaMySQL.

I then can simply paste into the import as plain text window, or use BBEDit to messabout with the CSV to make it import well.

I'm back in business until v5 .. can't wait though, the MySQL import was great, I miss it!

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Don't worry, MaxBulk v5 is ready and will be released somewhere between mid september and mid october.