Problems with web admin page

kev

I've been receiving new subscriptions and checking them via my web browser. I have noticed a few capitalisation errors made by people subscribing and tried to correct them, but when I try to save, I get a message saying "Email Address Invalid!".

Also, opening figures are totally wrong when you look at stats via a web browser as it counts every opening not the unique ones. If a user has more than one device, it increases the opening count again. So, I'm getting openings of 139% from a mailing of 86 because I had 116 openings.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Look for the isEmailValid function and replace it with:
Code:
// Simple email validation function
function isEmailValid( $email ) {

if ( !filter_var( $email, FILTER_VALIDATE_EMAIL ) ) {
    	return false;
	} else {
		return true;
	}

////if ( !eregi( "^[_a-z0-9-]+(\.[_a-z0-9-]+)*@[a-z0-9-]+(\.[a-z0-9-]+)*(\.[a-z]{2,4})$", $email ) ) { <- Obsolete in PHP 5.3
	//if ( !preg_match( "^[_a-z0-9-]+(\.[_a-z0-9-]+)*@[a-z0-9-]+(\.[a-z0-9-]+)*(\.[a-z]{2,4})$/i", $email ) ) {
	//	return false;
	//} else {
	//	return true;
	//}
}

if ( !function_exists("filter_var") ) {
      // define the constants used by the function 
      define( "FILTER_VALIDATE_EMAIL", "email" );

function filter_var() {
          $args = func_get_args();
          // $args[1] is the filter type (second parameter)
          switch ($args[1]){
               case FILTER_VALIDATE_EMAIL:
                   return preg_match("/^[_a-z0-9-]+(\.[_a-z0-9-]+)*@[a-z0-9-]+(\.[a-z0-9-]+)*(\.[a-z]{2,4})$/", $args[0])?$args[0]:false;
                   break;
          }
      }
}

kev

Done this and had blank page... no lists at a all.

Now I get:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@***.** to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I've FTP's the lm and functions files and it's still the same.

kev

My ISP said....

SoftException in Application.cpp:261: File "/home/****/public_html/lm/lm.php" is writeable by group

End of script output before headers: lm.php

--------------------------

I wondered if this was a permission issue so ensured the lm folder was set to 755. The server error message is no longer displayed, but I have a blank screen again.

kev

ISP said...

Thank you for your reply. I am showing that the permissions are not an issue for the files you have uploaded. Here is the most recent error log that you can look into:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/ixed.5.2.lin' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/ixed.5.2.lin: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

If you are unable to fix the issue found from within the error_log you will need to get in touch with a web developer to have them look into this more as we do not do coding ourselves in regards to any software that is uploaded to the server.

kev

All sorted!

All down to running out of disc space on my server and having no warning.

Thanks for the updated code Stan. I've added this and it works perfectly. :D

kev

Stan, where is the code for the conformation email I get to say someone has subscribed?

I would like to have the email I get showing, the name and company as well as the email address.

kev

Under 'templates/en' I only have the ones that the user gets - there are 3 (confirmation, subscribe and unsubscribe). I'm on about the email that tells me that someone has subscribed.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
That one has no template since it is an admin message. You will have to modify the MLM code.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
MLM comes in several languages. As a result string constants are used. Those constants are listed in the lm_strings.php file. Select the constant name and then look for it.