Problem with MaxBulkMailer 8.5.2 and FileMaker

Prodrive

Hi Stan,

I have a FileMaker script to transfer address data to MaxBulkMailer. After updating to 8.5.2 this script doesn't work anymore. It always says "The file <unknown> is missing".

I am using FileMaker Pro Advanced 12.0 v5 with Mac OS X 10.11.3

Because of the bug with the unsubscribe tage I have downgraded to 8.5 and everything is running smoothly again.

Regards

Lutz

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, we are aware of the problem. It looks like Filemaker doesn't want to recognize MaxBulk Mailer as a target application anymore. It is weird. We changed nothing in our code and all looks good... :? We will have closer look. You could also try to contact Filemaker support to see what they say about that.

joerg

the new Version of MaxBulkMailer does NOT work with FileMaker Version 11-14.
It's not a FileMaker-Issue. Earlier Versions of MaxBulkMailer works fine.

maxprog-support wrote:
I don't know then, MaxBulk Mailer has not changed, the code is the same as usual. We no longer have FileMaker here so we no longer test that code.

Stan, how you can do a "closer look" without FileMaker Pro?

joerg

joerg

clever idea!
unfortunately too late for me and my customers.
after your last post, i kicked your tool out of my standard-solution.

Prodrive

Hi Stan,

just to remind you: 8.5.3 still doesn't work with FileMaker.
I will still have to stay with 8.5 even if the "Unsubscribe" bug is fixed.

May be this is helpful for you:

Even when I had 8.5 in the waste bin, ist was opened by the FileMaker Script although 8.5.3 was in the foreground. When I deleted 8.5 completely FileMaker produced the error message mentioned above.

Regards
Prodrive

BTW: I have more FileMaker licenses than we need actually. So you could use one for testing purposes.

UlfB

Is there a way to change the field delimiter?
If I put HTML-Text into the fields, text containing ";" messes up the fields....