Problem with importing emails and serials

Wenzel

Hi,

I want to write a newsletter to our customers which includes a coupon serial number.
I now have an xls file which keeps all the email addresses in one row and all the according serials in another row.
In Max Bulk I want the serials to be interpretated as "opt1" and the emails as "emails".

I'm now working since 5 hours on this problem and don't find the soultion.
Please tell me the one detail I have overseen.

Kind regards,

wenzel

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
First save your Excel sheet as a plain text file as explained here then import it as explained here. Be careful to line-up your file fields with MaxBulk Mailer field properly, this is where most users make mistakes.

Wenzel

Hi,
thanks for the answer.
You can not imagine what I tried to make it work... I also tried the way you suggested, exporting it to plain text, made sure that serials and emails are seperated by TAB and imported them. For some reason he only imported 10% of the email addressess....

However,
IMPORTING FROM CLIPBOARD WORKED!!!!!
YEAH!!!

Thank you :)

I just copied both rows from my *.XLS file and imoprted them from clipboard.
Only sad thing, the serials are now tagged as "last name". But I don't worry about that.

THANKS!!!!!

Wenzel

Edit:
The first try Bulkmailer crashed.
The second try it worked.
If you are interested I would like to send you the crash report, couldn't attach it to this post. Your system does not allow *.rtf or *.txt files

Wenzel

here we go:

Thread 0 Crashed: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x95bbab06 _HIToolbarCopySelectableIdentifiers + 17
1 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x95bbefe3 HIToolbarItemView::ControlHitSelf(OpaqueControlRef*, short, unsigned long) + 89
2 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x9592c7a3 HIView::EventHandler(OpaqueEventHandlerCallRef*, OpaqueEventRef*, void*) + 9309
3 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x95917f2f DispatchEventToHandlers(EventTargetRec*, OpaqueEventRef*, HandlerCallRec*) + 1567
4 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x959171f6 SendEventToEventTargetInternal(OpaqueEventRef*, OpaqueEventTargetRef*, HandlerCallRec*) + 411
5 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x959399bb SendEventToEventTarget + 52
6 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x95988e56 SendControlHit(HIView*, OpaqueEventRef*, short, unsigned long) + 296
7 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x95988cd7 HIView::NotifyControlHit(OpaqueEventRef*, short, unsigned long) + 45
8 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x959ed6fb HIView::ClickInternal(CGPoint const&, unsigned long, void (*)(OpaqueControlRef*, short), OpaqueEventRef*, bool) + 245
9 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x959eecb4 HIView::ClickSelf(OpaqueEventRef*) + 368
10 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x9592ac81 HIView::EventHandler(OpaqueEventHandlerCallRef*, OpaqueEventRef*, void*) + 2363
11 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x95917f2f DispatchEventToHandlers(EventTargetRec*, OpaqueEventRef*, HandlerCallRec*) + 1567
12 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x959171f6 SendEventToEventTargetInternal(OpaqueEventRef*, OpaqueEventTargetRef*, HandlerCallRec*) + 411
13 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x959399bb SendEventToEventTarget + 52
14 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x95987d26 HIView::Click(OpaqueEventRef*) + 480
15 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x95987af3 HandleClickAsHIView(OpaqueWindowPtr*, OpaqueEventRef*) + 151

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Ae you sure this is the right log? I don't see any MaxBulk Mailer trace, only Apple stuff :-/