Preparing text in external editor for Mac

PeterT

I've looked but nor found anything to help with this.

I want to prepare text externally in an editor, only relatively simple all in Verdana with some bold and italic left-aligned and centered.

I have been able to do this in TextEdit & Outlook Email App.

MaxBulk Mailer does not follow the line endings and when MacBulk has send the email here it is formatted for 10pt and 12pt the message arrives Outlook as 7.5pt and 10pt

So there are some strangeness to sort out???

Has anyone any ideas or can point me at some help???

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Are you using the 'Styled Text' format? Are you applying the styles using the MaxBulk Mailer style toolbar?

PeterT

Hi Stan,

Yes I'm using Styled Text ... So I copy and paste from Microsoft Outlook [sometimes I copy and paste in to TextEdit on the way to MaxBulk Mailer] I have pre-reformatted for Verdana in bold, italic and coloured-up the text.

I then copy and paste making the text within 12pt and 14pt and checking para endings, because they don't always come across correctly and sometimes the lines concatenate, but not always.

One observation on text sizing ... I use 12 and 14pt in MaxBulk Mailer after the message has been received in Outlook it has been changed to 9 and 11pt.

Also on text, sometimes I have to copy text out to TextEdit make plain text then copy back into MaxBulk then format it again.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, you have to format the text using the MaxBulk Mailer style toolbar. MaxBulk Mailer converts the styles into HTML so it is important to use the MaxBulk Mailer formatting tool. If you paste formatted text it is possible some formats will not be handled properly, this is because you have not set the format using the MaxBulk Mailer styled text tool bar. MaxBulk Mailer styled text editor is not a standard editor but a Styled Text to HTML rendering text editor. You will see that not all formats are supported, not all the fonts and not all the sizes.

maxbulk-mailer-styles-toolbar.png