Paragraph spacing not working in plain text in 8.7.3

michaelbcn

Hi
I like the latest version but facing a major problem with plain text emails. In past versions, I could paste in some text with paragraph spaces and the resulting emails would look fine. However, in the new version, email recipients see all text squashed together with no paragraph spaces. This is despite the preview functions showing spaces. I have tried increasing the number of paragraph spaces and typing manually in Maxbulk but no result. Can you confirm if this is a bug or there is a new way to format plain text? thanks.

Also when using styled text, users of Gmail Chrome are seeing apostrophes displaying as numbers within black round circles.

Thanks

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
About the first problem, are you pasting your text from Microsoft Word? Is this with the 'Plain Text' format?

About your second problem, are you using UTF-8 as the message charset/encoding?

Stan Busk - Software Engineer
at www.maxprog.com

michaelbcn

Thanks for the reply.

I am pasting from TextEdit (Mac software) which is plain text and pasting into Maxbulk Plain Text format. I have tried pasting from other word processors but not Word.

Yes I am using UTF-8 (the drop down menu doesn't drop down offering any other option).

Thanks.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I tried and this is what I get, I don't see any issue, not even in the Preview.

maxbulk_plaintext_test_message.png

michaelbcn

Thanks for this. I tried this again but using a new file. (I was using a duplicated file which had been created with an older version of Maxbulk). When I use a fresh new file, the paragraphs are fine. I was able to replicate the error again by using a duplicated old file so I guess that is the problem. Anyway for anyone with the same issue: solution is to use a fresh file.

Thanks a lot for the support and follow up. That's great!