outlook is not opening after upgrading os

kalku

i had windows xp on my computer with outlook 2003. last week i changed my operating system and upgraded to win7. mean time i upgraded outlook version to 2010. everything went fine but at the end when i was transferring my outlook data it denied and accepted later. now an unable to access the outlook content. if i copy that pst file to my laptop which is having 2003 it works but not on my computer. any ideas???

kel.paul

Hello Kalku,

I think there might be some changes in the registry values. If you further proceed to access the PST file with wrong registry values, it might get corrupt. So better keep a backup first.
Two months back my friend had the same problem while importing PST file from previous version to new version of Outlook. He used some Outlook migration software and it finished all the task with in few clicks. So better search for something like that. They will help you in a better way to migrate Outlook from XP to Windows 7.

Initially download the trial version of the software and evaluate before using, this will avoid the use of wrong tools.

Good Luck.