Oude transacties verwijderen

VisserNR

Ik wil graag een paar oude jaren in iCash afsuiten/verwijder waarbij de saldi dus automatisch herberekend worden. Ik wil iCash namelijk niet groter laten zijn noodzakelijk. Alle transacties ouder dan 5 jaar wil ik dus verwijderen. Kan dit? Ik kan het niet vinden.

Ik weet niet waar al deze extra hoofdletters vandaan komen :(

MonHawk

If I can be so cheeky as to translate the original poster's request, as I would also really like to know if this feature is possible:

Is it possible to archive several 'old' years of data in iCash, whereby the balances are automatically recalculated? We would like the iCash database to not grow unnecessarily. For example, I would like to archive all transactions older than 5 years.

Is this possible?

VisserNR

I would liketo shutdown a couple of old years in iCash and remove the transactions while the balances are automatically recalculated. I want iCash not bigger as necessary. All transactions, for example older than 5 years, I would like to delete. Is this possible? Excuse me for my "school-english". I am only a Dutchman :(

VisserNR

I would shutdown liketo remove a couple of years old in iCash and transactions while the balance will be recalculated automatically. I do iCash not be larger if needed. All transactions, for example, over 5 years, I would like to remove. Is this possible ? Excuse me for my "english school". I am only a Dutchman:(

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Why do you want to do that? iCash is already an archive, it can support billions of transactions.

MonHawk

Re: Oude transacties verwijderen (Remove old transactions)

For my part, I would like to do this for several reasons:

1) for speed. Even though iCash is relatively fast, it does slow down for me on some operations like opening the iCash file, on switching between showing just 'reconciled' and 'reconciled and unreconciled', as data grows

2) for cleaner information. I quite often do a quick search for things in my own transactions, and would simply like to only be looking at say the last 2 years of info. In some screens this is possible by adding date ranges, but I always have to remember to set those ranges, and it is extra work. On other screens it is only possible to some limited extent - like looking at current year, or everything.

3) really, at the end of the day, it's just a preference thing. Psychological perhaps. It would simply be nice to have a file that just contains the current year's information, with correct starting balances, if that is the way one would like to work..

Monique

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
1) for speed. Even though iCash is relatively fast, it does slow down for me on some operations like opening the iCash file, on switching between showing just 'reconciled' and 'reconciled and unreconciled', as data grows
Just to respond to this, yes, iCash uses a very fast SQL engine. If your document is properly indexed there is almost no difference looking thru 1 or 10'000 transactions.
2) for cleaner information. I quite often do a quick search for things in my own transactions, and would simply like to only be looking at say the last 2 years of info. In some screens this is possible by adding date ranges, but I always have to remember to set those ranges, and it is extra work. On other screens it is only possible to some limited extent - like looking at current year, or everything.
We could add an advanced preference to limit all queries to xx years... just an idea...
3) really, at the end of the day, it's just a preference thing. Psychological perhaps. It would simply be nice to have a file that just contains the current year's information, with correct starting balances, if that is the way one would like to work..
I understand. You can open a new file and copy all the data except the transactions. It is an option when creating a new file.

MonHawk

(Sorry by the way to Mr Visser for hijacking your question!)

We could add an advanced preference to limit all queries to xx years... just an idea...
Yes, like that idea.

You can open a new file and copy all the data except the transactions. It is an option when creating a new file.
Presumably this would then calculate all the right starting balances? If so, this would answer Mr Visser's original question.