No sending mails

Hi,
no the document is exactly the same as the one installed by the software, nothing has been modified. And no mail are sent after subscription.

Hi,
sorry to insist but it's been one year now that the subscription/unsubscription are not working since we need authentication. We're now obliged by the law to propose unsubscription and it's still not working! Does anyone get this to work ? thanks, it's really urgent.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, believe me, it works for everybody. I developed that system. What I did not developed is PEAR. And what you what to use is PEAR actually. I can inspect your lm_prefs.php file if you want.

--
Follow maxprog.com on Facebook | Google+ | Linkedin | Twitter | YouTube
and keep up-to-date with the latest Max Programming updates!

Hi, thanks for your message. I don't know much about mailing, php etc… that's why I don't know what PEAR is… can I ask my provider to change that ? hereby is my lm_prefs.php . I hope you'll find a way to make this work.
Best,
Samuel

Attachments

• lm_prefs.php.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 2

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Can you also send me the lm_prefs.php file?

PEAR is a mail library that allows authentication. I believe very few people use that since the PHP Mail() function doesn't require authentication. PEAR has to be installed by the server administrator, PEAR for PHP. It doesn't come by default with PHP.

--

Hi, thanks for the explanation. But the lm pref was in the previous message but in zip because i wasn't allowed to sebd it directly

Hi,
I don't know if you could get the lm pref in my post from 10th of october ? We'll have to take a decision to get the emailing working, it's been almost a year now and we have 4000 subrscribed people that can't unsubscribe anymore and that not legal anymore in France. Thanks

Hi, just to add an information, I have another account at the same provider (hostpapa) so I suppose they use also the same PEAR system, I have also a mxbulk folder, mllm, etc… and it works ! So maybe it's not juts about PEAR ? I would really appreciate some help, otherwise we'll have to change all the way we do mailing.
grettings,
Samuel

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
MLM has no known issues. MLM is a very simple PHP script using standard PHP5/PHP7 code. I have been developing and giving support for MLM for a very long time. Following my experience almost all problems come from the PHP settings, most of the time security settings. I have been mantaining this page with the most usual issues: Frequently asked questions. If it works on one account and not the other you should look at PHP settings and MLM folder permissions. Wrong permissions can lead to blank pages or server errors.

--

Hi,
just an information from my web-provider who fixed the authentication problem (finally !) with secured connection :
He wrote me about those line in the lm_prefs :
==========
function authmail( $to, $subject, $body, $from ) {
global $smtp_host, $smtp_username, $smtp_password;
require_once "Mail.php";
$headers = array ( 'From' => $from,
'To' => $to,
'Subject' => $subject );
$host = "host address";
$smtpPort = 25;
$username = "email address";
$password = "password";
$mail = $smtp->send( $to, $headers, $body );
===============

You’re calling the smtp before define it. I added this line to your code :

$smtp = Mail::factory('smtp', array ('host' => $host, 'port' => $smtpPort, 'auth' => true, 'username' => $username, 'password' => $password));

This fixed my problem.