new user setting up to screen gmail account

RebeccaR

We sent an email from the marketing module of our website, "from" our gmail address. Gmail tagged emails received from postmaster in response as spam, because they "seem to be a fake "bounce" reply to a message that you didn't actually send." But we DID send them.

Now we'd like to configure EBH to grab these notification of spam emails next time so that we can clean our list. I am a novice and am confused by your instruction manual. Your illustration for gmail settings shows Type: POP3. How do I find the Security setting for gmail?
Gmail doesn't have a User ID, just a first name, last name and email address. Your example doesn't show an email address. What goes in the User ID box? Is the Password what I use to log into the gmail account?
If I get those settings right, what must we do to have EBH automatically process the email as it comes in? I expect 350 emails to be marked as spam.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
These are the settings you need:

Host: pop.gmail.com
Type: POP3
Security: TLSv1
Account ID: Your gmail e-mail address
Password: Your gmail password

RebeccaR

We have a fresh batch of emails from the postmaster. We have input the settings as directed. We do not understand the written directions. How do we move the data from gmail into maxprog for processing?
In the past, the time required to get a response to these postings has been too long to be very helpful. Is there a way to speed up the response time so that it is more of a back and forth conversation? We had given up on the usefulness of maxprog because of a lack of understanding.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I already sent you the settings:

Host: pop.gmail.com
Account ID: Your gmail e-mail address
Password: Your gmail password

What line do you have problems with?

RebeccaR

We have 500 emails from postmaster and mail delivery subsystem in our spam folder, representing recipients whose addresses are either dead or marking our email as spam.

A sample message reads:
There was an error while attempting do deliver your message with [Subject: "CONGRATULATIONS!"] to [email protected]. MTA m1plded01-05.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net received this response from the destination host IP - 74.125.28.26 - 550 , 5.1.1 http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answ ... nswer=6596 ex2si3111349pdb.16 - gsmtp.

I know where to enter the settings you provided. I don't understand what to do next. The instructions read: "In order to process remote mailboxes go to the settings panel, enter you server settings and press the Start button."

How do I connect the messages from gmail with maxprog? Do I select them in batches, drag them somewhere and press start? I used dredge successfully for the first batch, from Outlook, but this circumstance is different.

Thank you for your offer to help.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
eMail Bounce Handler works as a mail client for incoming messages. Just connect to Gmail and the tool will download and process the bounces.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Clicking on the 'Start' button. eMail Bounce Handler will connect to the server you have selected and will fetch the bounces. It is explained in the manual. Note that this manual is quite easy to read and short.

fredmax

Hi,

I can't log into my gmail account using EBH. Here is the settings :

Host: pop.gmail.com (without :995)
Account ID: my full gmail address
Password: my gmail password

here is the error I've got :

Code:
9/26 10:22:27  ~ Status: Connecting to pop.gmail.com (POP3) Port: 995 Security: TLS v1
9/26 10:22:27 > USER [email protected]
9/26 10:22:27 +OK Gpop ready for requests from 72.237.28.20 o69mb176086314lfo
9/26 10:22:27 > PASS ********
9/26 10:22:27 +OK send PASS
9/26 10:22:27 > STAT
9/26 10:22:27 -ERR [AUTH] Web login required: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/78754
Any help would be appreciated