New issue with MBM, MLM, and EBH.

crazylev

Hi Stan,

I just sent another test email using MBM with 12 contacts who's email addresses I intentionally changed to invoke a bounce, except for my email address.

Closed my Apple mail program, sent email, launched EBH and retrieved bounces. On retrieval, I found I had 13, not 12 bounce emails, even though I originally sent out 12. It actually added another email address ([email protected]) that was not in my original send.

My email address was one of the bounces, even though that one address I did not alter, and I double checked for correctness. (jonathanATlevinphotography.com) See attached photo.

In addition, when I went into MLM to get stats, it showed only 3 bounces AND my email. There should have been 11 bounces with one open (mine). I clicked update/refresh, relaunched MBM.

So close……

Jonathan

crazylev

And one other question:

How are "Out of Office" and vacation auto responses handled? My guess is bounce, but once someone returns and opens email, it registers as an open?

crazylev

I can answer the out of office one myself since I am well into my first mailing with the new set up:

Out of office are not treated as bounce, they just show up in my Apple mail when I open that after a send.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
eMail Bounce Handler first checks if a message is a DSN, a standard bounce, if it is not, rules are used. You can add rules if you need to, to the document if you want them for that document only, or to the preferences if you want then for all further documents. Indeed "Out of Office" and vacation auto responses are not bounces.

crazylev

OK. Added my email to exceptions. But if you could, can you explain why EBH would recognize my working email as a bounce?

Either way, I did what you suggested.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
This is because you have processed a non-standard bounce. In that bounce both the recipient and your address were found and extracted. The exception list is just for that.