Netto income transaction

stantemo

Hi,

I wonder if it's possible to make a netto income transaction.

For example my monthly brutto salary is 38,000 SEK but this month i didn't work for a couple of days due to being home with ill kids (called VAB in Sweden). My brutto salary was then deducted with 6,080.11 SEK making it 31,919.89 SEK. The tax deduction (7,707 sek) is then based on my new brutto salary. My netto salary then becomes 24,212.89 SEK.

I've managed it so far by adding a brutto income transaction with the tax specified and then adding two cost transactions, 7,707 SEK to a tax-account and 6080.11 to a VAB-account. So far so good.

But doing it this way the tax-report the percentage is off since it's based on my normal brutto salary, not the one after the VAB deductions and the diagrams showing my salary always shows my brutto income.

So my issue is that I'd like to keep track of the tax and the VAB cost AND still get a report that reflects the income both brutto and netto. Is this possible in iCash?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
This is a very very particular case. I guess you are using several transactions and group them. What do you think is missing? Try to forget your particular case so I understand you better :)

--
Follow maxprog.com on Facebook | Google+ | Linkedin | Twitter | YouTube
and keep up-to-date with the latest Max Programming updates!

stantemo

Yes I'm grouping several transactions, the practical bit is not what's the issue.
The issue with the reports shows when my income is not my normal salary.
What I want is to be able to track the deductions of my salary.

I'll try to explain the formula with the same figures as before.

Code:
This example shows a month with absence from work.
Brutto income      38,000.00
Brutto deduction   -6,080.11 (the absence)
                 = 31,919.89

Tax based income   31,919.89
Tax                   -7,707
                 = 24 212,89

Netto income       24 212,89

This example show a month with no absence from work
Brutto income      38,000.00
Tax based income   38,000.00
Tax                   -9,608
                 = 28,392.00

Netto income       28,392.00

The deduction can be due to vacation, illness, ill children. Basically anything that makes me absence from work. I'd like keep track of these deductions in the reports.

In the reports I'd like to keep track of the brutto deductions and the tax as well as the netto income.

I've attached two screenshots where I've created some transactions.

My example transactions
3thPC3CcQ015

The tax report
3thPSuVajkpA

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
In your screenshot I see you enter the salary in a different way, are you returning the deduction to your employer? I guess it would be logic to do that but I don't believe it is what you do. I am trying to understand your screenshot but I don't understand Swedish. You credit two account instead, Kålskatt and VAB, what are they? What type?

--
Follow maxprog.com on Facebook | Google+ | Linkedin | Twitter | YouTube
and keep up-to-date with the latest Max Programming updates!

stantemo

Yes I've inputed multiple income (same netto income) to show you that the reports differ depending how i do it.

I've thought about my question/request and I think what I actually want iCash to do is to use the netto income to be calculated with in the budget pane, and in the tax reports iCash should use the brutto income to calculate the taxes.

In Sweden the employer pays the netto salary to me, they also pays the taxes to the IRS report to them what salary I've had so that the IRS can calculate the correct taxes.
In the end of the year I get a specification from the IRS where they specify what amount of taxes my employers has payed and what they expected expected based on the reported salary.

So if iCash can track the salary both netto and brutto AND the tax I can easily compare the numbers with the ones the IRS are specifying.

The reason I want to specify the deductions is because I want to keep track of when the income doesn't match what I've expected to get.

I know that it's hard to understand what I need, heck I can barely make sense of it myself, especially if you don't know the Swedish rules :) I really appreciate your interest in it though.