multiple unsubscribe messages

willymmm

Some of my list subscribers are getting multiple messages confirming their unsubscribe request. One person has gotten six messages from the same unsub request over 4 days. Obviously this does not engender good will!
I checked in Max bulk mailer, and in fact in only shows one unsub request. I have also gotten 6 messages.

What can I do?

willymmm

One of my list recipients, who unsubscribed FOUR days ago, has now recieved 8 (!!) email notifications. Obviously he is very upset! This is harming my reputation. So far no response from MaxProg. Do I need to transfer my lists to MailChimp? I have been a happy user for more than 5 years, and often recommend your products. This is not the level of support I need.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
MLM message delivery is made by using the PHP standard mail() command. This command deal with your server directly. MaxBulk Mailer has nothing to do here, MaxBulk Mailer is a desktop application that sends emails when you click on the 'Send' button.

I recommend you to contact your server support and ask why the PHP mail() command is sending multiple copies.

willymmm

I don't think I ever mentioned MaxBulk mailer as involved with this; I know well how it works. Not sure why you brought that up.

It's MLM which is giving the multiple PHP mail command, no? This message (and it's the exact same message every time) has been going out twice a day.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
MLM issues one single mail() command for every unsubscribe. You can look at the source code, it is readable. There is no loop. You have to contact your server support, the problem is there. I wish I could help you. When I have a solution it is a pleasure to help but I can't do nothing because it is a server thing. The server support can look at logs and see what's hapenning.