More Tutorials Please

Cealus

Hi Stan,

I've been trying to use MLM to accept input from an HMTL form, but not being all that savvy in PHP, I'm having a rough time getting it to do what I want. Specifically, I'd like to create a form for a user that asks their name, address, email and a newsletter preference, and have that form update an MLM list using the update command. Is there an example of this I can modify, or can you post one? MLM seems very powerful, but usage instructions seem minimal, or at least, I can't find them, other than the list of commands and short descriptions noted here. I'm not following how the single or multiple list examples that come with MLM are constructed.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Indeed to do what you need you have to have some knowledge of HTML manual coding and PHP. The manual I wrote is only about MLM itself.

About your needs, how are you planning unauthorized people to make change to others record?

Cealus

My impression was since the update command is listed as [All] that if the admin pwd is not provided, they can only update their own record. That said, the access to the form would be restricted, and the only ones receiving the url for the form would be existing members. Besides, the group is small enough that I can scan the list and recognize if there are bogus new records.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Not really, we have to work on a secure updating system yet, that is one of the top requests for MLM actually.

Cealus

Okay. If the update command is not secure, and could allow anyone to add and change other people's records, I'll hold off implementing such a thing.

Still I'd like to see more examples of other things that could be done with MLM besides the subscribe and unsubscribe … But I guess you have enough on your plate. :)

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Once I finish with MaxBulk Mailer v8 and MLM v3 I will spend more time with documentation.