MLM in German

Rathmair

Hello,

I want to use MLM on my German homepage. It would be nice to have the English texts that appear in the webbrowser appear in German.

Has anybody worked on translating them? Is there an existing version of MLM that has been translated into German?

It would save me time...

Thanks.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes it would be great. Actually we are thinking in translating it in the future.

Rathmair

stanbusk said:
Yes it would be great. Actually we are thinking in translating it in the future.

Hi Stan,

I have begun to translate some of the wording that appears to the reader who wants to subscribe. If I complete it you are welcome to use it.
Can you give me a few tips as to how I recognize those words or sentences that appear as text, as well as those that are part of a button text? I should be able to figure it out myself but I guess it is on your fingertips... Thanks.

Franz

Rathmair

German translation

stanbusk said:
Are you translating the HTML templates? or the first part of the script?

I have already translated the template for the single list and part of the script:
http://speaklife.at/mlm_lite_php/html/s ... _fixed.php
as well as the message that appears online after subscribing and the email being sent.

Since there are so many texts for different situations (error messages etc.), that needs more work. Likewise those words still in English on the single sub page ("required", "submit", "clear..." need to be changed.

May I raise a different question? I am stuck in getting the addresses from the subscription QSL databank on the server down into BulkMailer. My two test addresses are in the databank, but the standard query in BM isn't working. What do I have to have as a search quiery in BM in order to get first name, last name and e-mail address imported?

Thanks.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
You just need to set the MLM preference to the script URL actually. Is it how you did it?

Rathmair

Importing the data from QSL

stanbusk said:
You just need to set the MLM preference to the script URL actually. Is it how you did it?

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean a) with the MLM preference and b) with the script URL!

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
You have to open the MaxBulk Mailer preferences clicking on the preferences icon inside MaxBulk Mailer. Then paste your MLM path into the field below 'Remote Lists'. Once done you can access your MLM lists selecting the 'Remote Lists' entry in the list pull-down menu.

Rathmair

stanbusk said:
You have to open the MaxBulk Mailer preferences clicking on the preferences icon inside MaxBulk Mailer. Then paste your MLM path into the field below 'Remote Lists'. Once done you can access your MLM lists selecting the 'Remote Lists' entry in the list pull-down menu.

I have done what you told me to do... but nothing happens when I click "import". No error message, but also none of the two addresses in the database showing in BM.

Here are two screenshots a) from the Import Window, b) from the preferences window. Where is the problem?

http://speaklife.at/pictures/Preferences.jpg
http://speaklife.at/pictures/Import.jpg

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
You do not have to import anything. You can access your MLM lists selecting the 'Remote Lists' entry in the list pull-down menu.

Rathmair

stanbusk said:
You do not have to import anything. You can access your MLM lists selecting the 'Remote Lists' entry in the list pull-down menu.

Hm... But this list is empty! Why does it not show my two addresses in there?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
It should show the list name(s) on the first panel. Don't you get anything? If not open a support ticket and I will give you a URL of the version we will release next week that includes an encoding fix.