Missing accounts in drop-down meny

Urban_Turban

Hi Stan - Today I upgraded to iCash version 7.8.1. After working with the new software for a few hours… When working in the transaction menu and trying to select an account from the “all_accounts” drop-down menu I noticed that not all accounts are listed… As far as I can tell , it seems like all bank-accounts are missing ??? All the others types are there… Incomes, Expenses, Assets, Liabilities and Start_up Capital are there and with new colourful icons (new) next to them…

Is there a new setting somewhere or is this a bug? I've tried to look around a bit in preferences but without luck.

I’m considering to downgrade to the previous version as I use this feature quite extensively when doing reconciliation of accounts ...

Last edited:

NickJ

Hi Stan - Today I upgraded to iCash version 7.8.1. After working with the new software for a few hours… When working in the transaction menu and trying to select an account from the “all_accounts” drop-down menu I noticed that not all accounts are listed… As far as I can tell , it seems like all bank-accounts are missing ??? All the others types are there… Incomes, Expenses, Assets, Liabilities and Start_up Capital are there and with new colourful icons (new) next to them…

Is there a new setting somewhere or is this a bug? I've tried to look around a bit in preferences but without luck.

I’m considering to downgrade to the previous version as I use this feature quite extensively when doing reconciliation of accounts ...

Using 7.8.1 on Mac OS X 10.15.4 and not having your problem at all - all bank-accounts are showing just fine on the top of the drop-down menu. Perhaps apply some of the advice on fixing the file (see online help), re-download a fresh copy of 7.8.1.... ?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The Bank accounts are now located in the left list, just expand the 'Transactions' folder and you will see them.

Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 05.59.07.png

--
youtube_social_icon_white_17x12.png
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel and watch our tutorials!
Follow maxprog.com on Facebook | Linkedin | Twitter | YouTube
star_yellow_12x12.png
star_yellow_12x12.png
star_yellow_12x12.png
Happy with maxprog.com? Please rate us!
star_yellow_12x12.png
star_yellow_12x12.png
star_yellow_12x12.png

Urban_Turban

Using 7.8.1 on Mac OS X 10.15.4 and not having your problem at all - all bank-accounts are showing just fine on the top of the drop-down menu. Perhaps apply some of the advice on fixing the file (see online help), re-download a fresh copy of 7.8.1.... ?
OK, thanks - Well that's what you would expect... but as Stan have stated, I can see them in the browser side-bar by expanding the Transaction arrow. A bit illogical in my opinion, but it still works. Really odd that they show up for you but not for me. I'll stay put for the time being, maybe they will show up again in next version ;-)

Urban_Turban

The Bank accounts are now located in the left list, just expand the 'Transactions' folder and you will see them.

View attachment 1141

--
star_yellow_12x12.png
star_yellow_12x12.png
star_yellow_12x12.png
star_yellow_12x12.png
star_yellow_12x12.png
star_yellow_12x12.png
OK, thanks this will work, albite a bit odd in my opinion… Why do only Bank-Accounts show up in expanded Transaction_Menu and not the others?

… and why is only the bank_accounts missing in the drop_down menu? (In case you don’t fancy working with the browser_sidbar)

NOT a big deal, but still a bit illogical in my opinion - Thanks for guiding me to a “work_around”
 ✉ [email protected]

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
It is a new design. You create a transaction from/to bank accounts so you can found those under Transactions, very near your mouse when working actually. You can also set the other pull-down menu with a regular account and then see the match in the transaction list. If you go month to month you will see how handy it is to find stuff.

--
star_yellow_12x12.png
star_yellow_12x12.png
star_yellow_12x12.png
star_yellow_12x12.png
star_yellow_12x12.png
star_yellow_12x12.png