Messages sent without content

Hi,

I've been using bulkmailer for a while now - but yesterday sent out many mails and they all where sent with no content. The subject line was sent, but the content not.
In bulkmailer, all looks perfect in the preview - since I managed to send one test sucessfully to myself I cannot figure out what went wrong.

When I try to send the text/html again now I have the same problem : the mail looks perfect in Maxbulkmailer preview, when I click send all goes as expected, but the message arrive without content.

Thanks for your help

Robert

Delivery Report :

Mailer version: 8.5.1-US (Cocoa) Pro - Registered
Machine OS/speed: Mac OS 10.10.5 Yosemite/4Ghz

Streams: 2 [1 Used] Single Server
Delivery mode: Singly (Tag processing ON)

SMTP server address: asmtp.mail.hostpoint.ch [Port: Default] SSL Off
Authentication: ESMTP (Login) | [192.168.178.175]
Groups: 1 [Interval: 00:00:03]

Delivery start date: 26/01/16 at 18:01:00
End date: 26/01/16 at 18:01:04
Total duration: 4 second(s) - Retries: 0/7
Rate: 0.50 recipient(s)/second

to a total of: 1 recipient(s) [1/1]
List name: unknown
Sent: 1

Mail subject: Lexico Vraagbegrip voor de iPad
Mail priority: Normal
Reply To: [email protected] (Sender)
Errors: [email protected] (Sender)
Return receipt: No
Mail format: Text|HTML | utf-8 | quoted-printable
Mail size: 20.81 KB (Doesn't include attachments)
Attachments: none

MLM: Click-through tracking [Activated]

@ Stan -

I tried all day but I am no closer to a solution; If I send the HTML Mail through a testservice (e.g. Putsmail.com) it works flawlessly; if I look at it in the preview window of MaxBulkmailer, it looks perfects.

But when I send it, the message arrives without content, only the subject line.

WHY ?

Your help would be appreciated,

Robert

Yes, I sent it HTML only , HTML+Text, always UTF - 8

the behaviour was always the same.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing Maxbulkmailer and MLM, but the Problem persists.

How do I COMPLETELY uninstall Maxbulkmailer (remove ALL files from the Mac) ?

Even after deleting Maxbulkmailer and re-installing it, there was still a MLM adress in the Maxbulkmail preferences, which means there must be some undeleted prefereces files - but I could not locate them on the mac.

What is the procedure to completely uninstall ?

I'll try to start again after I uninstall everything..

I tried to send the same html mail on a laptop using the same MLM setup :

The only difference ist that the mac laptop has Maxbulkmailer 8.4.9 installed, not the newer 8.5.1 which is running on my mac desktop.

Sending, Click-through tracking, looking at deliveries on MLM all worked flawlessly when sent from the laptop.

I would very much like to get it to work on my desktop, too.

Please provide some advice on how to best fully remove Version 8.5.1. and install 8.4.9 again.

Thnks

mkYAY

i'm having the same issues and have tried all the above to no avail. is it a software issue??

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
We are investigation that. It affects very few people and we are completely unable to reproduce the problem here. Is is absolutely imposible to fix a problem if we can't reproduce it.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Not at all. What I need is information about the message. Format, encoding, if you are using MLM, what is the MLM URL, what is the Unsubscribe alternative text... or send screenshots.

kev

This has just happened to me for over 200 emails.

Have you checked the program has not reverted to DEMO mode, as mine has. NOT HAPPY!

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
MaxBulk Mailer when in demo mode doesn't send blank emails :-/ and by the way in your first post I have explained to you why your MaxBulk Mailer copy is in demo mode and what is the solution.

kev

stanbusk said:
MaxBulk Mailer when in demo mode doesn't send blank emails :-/ and by the way in your first post I have explained to you why your MaxBulk Mailer copy is in demo mode and what is the solution.
You have not explained why my MaxBulk Mailer copy is in demo mode, you just gave a link to an order version.

You wrote - "You have to use 8.5. It is available here."

I've installed the order version, but puzzled why I get a message saying I'm using version 8.5.0 and 8.5.2 is a free upgrade when it is clearly not. The latter versions go into demo mode if an annual fee is not paid. I find this very poor as have paid for a licence and there has been no major updates.

jrm

Has there been any resolution to this problem?

I am using 8.5.1 on a mac desktop. Text/styled test emails work fine. HTML sends a blank message. Same problem as OP. Unfortunately, over 6,000 emails already went out to my list before I was notified of the problem. Pretty embarrassing.

Have tried sending as HTML only and text|HTML. Everything looks fine in preview window. I can copy code into a Dreamweaver file and it displays fine.

The email is actually an updated version of a mailing I did some time ago. It worked fine the first time. Is not working now.

If the solution is to go to an early release (8.4.9 was mentioned) how do I get a copy? I really need to get this mailing out and right now the software is not working at all.

jrm

Never mind. I found my original 8.5 version. That one works. The problem (for me) was 8.5.1,

FWIW, the statistics were not working for the "no body" emails either. The mailing showed up on the list, but there were no recipients. Going back to 8.5, the message is delivered as expected, and the statistics appear with information.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
We are trying to fix the problem indeed, it affects so few people it is getting very difficult to get a solution. As I told in that thread, I need to reproduce the problem. To do that I need your MaxBulk Mailer document, the full settings ('File > Settings > Export') and a step by step procedure. All that has to be posted here.

jrm

I have just sent the requested files.

Note, however, that my problem has been solved by reverting back to version 8.5.

My bigger problem (also noted in the support request) is detailed in the other thread. My host will not allow me to use MBM for any further mailings. I have been asked to find a different program.

Sending to my list generates hundreds of spam messages on the sending server. At first, it was thought my password was hacked as there are messages coming from an Asian server. So we changed the password. However, it only happens whenever a MBM mailing is in progress. My provider does not want to end up on a spam blacklist and it seems that the problem is related to MBM.

Perhaps related to this are the multiple "undeliverable" messages I get - even for valid addresses where the email is received. Direct email to these same addresses works fine - only problem arises when using MBM.

Frankly, the "no body" problem is minor compared to the others because it can be worked around. Unless I can get the spam problem resolved, I am not permitted to use MBM at all.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I will look at your files.

About your pirated credentials issue, MaxBulk Mailer is not the culprit of your problem as I explained in your other post. MaxBulk Mailer can't be the culprit of someone hacking your credentials from your connection. The problem here is that someone is listening to your network so activate SSL and nobody will have access to your private data anymore. SSL was invented just for that. In my opinion your server support is really deficient, they give you a radical solution, you have pimples on your arm let gets it amputated. They don't care, it is not their arm. You should consider a better server.

captkirk

Same problem here when using styled text or html/plain text, emails with no content. I can close MaxBulk and reopen it and the email is fine. Running MacOS 10.8.5, MaxBulk 8.5.2.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried to go to the system preferences, Keyboard, Text and uncheck 'Use smart quotes and dashes'? Does that fix thew problem?

As I said above we are trying to fix the problem indeed, it affects so few people it is getting very difficult to get a solution. As I told in this thread, I need to reproduce the problem. To do that I need your MaxBulk Mailer document, the full settings ('File > Settings > Export') and a step by step procedure. You can open a here and send the required info.