Message Preview Error

jameshee

Hello

MaxBulk Mailer MAC version work fine.

However the PC version is not able to preview the message correct.

Please see attached 4 files.

2 screenshots showing mac message and preview displaying correctly.

2 screenshots from PC showing message and preview displaying wrongly.

Please advice.

James Hee

Attachments

• Screenshot Mac Message.png
    Screenshot Mac Message.png
    297.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot PC message.png
    Screenshot PC message.png
    497.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot PC preview.png
    Screenshot PC preview.png
    611.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot Mac Preview.png
    Screenshot Mac Preview.png
    312.8 KB · Views: 3

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Do you mean you have a problem with line breaks, right? The MS Windows Preview removing Line breaks, is that correct? With MaxBulk Mailer 8.6.9? Windows 10? I guess it is only a preview problem but the real mail is displayed properly, right?

--
Follow maxprog.com on Facebook | Google+ | Linkedin | Twitter | YouTube
and keep up-to-date with the latest Max Programming updates!

jameshee

Yes you are right. Win 10 + Maxbulk Mailer latest version.

See attached files. many lines missing from the actual message in both the preview and email send out.

Attachments

• Send Out Message.png
    Send Out Message.png
    164.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Preview Message.png
    Preview Message.png
    940.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Actual Message.png
    Actual Message.png
    420.5 KB · Views: 1

jameshee

I am manually type in some text and still have the same problem.

Please see the attached screen shots.

Attachments

• Manually type in Message.png
    Manually type in Message.png
    334.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Preview.png
    Preview.png
    299.1 KB · Views: 2

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Ok. Click on the 'Eye' icon, choose to display the code, copy and paste it here. Better if you set the message a '1' followed by to line breaks, '2' followed by two line breaks and then 3:

1545884888053.png

This is the code I get here:

HTML:
<html>
<head>
<title>HTML Message</title>
<meta name=generator content=Advanced HTML parser v4>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
</head>
<body>
<table style="border: 0px; width: 100%; border-spacing: 0px;">
<tr>
<td style="padding: 0px;">
<div style="text-align: left"><span style="font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Verdana; font-size: 14px; color: #000000;">1</span></div>
<br />
<div style="text-align: left"><span style="font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Verdana; font-size: 14px; color: #000000;">2</span></div>
<br />
<div style="text-align: left"><span style="font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Verdana; font-size: 14px; color: #000000;">3</span></div>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>

--

Last edited:

jameshee

EYE icon only available in Preview. However there is no display code function. Only Default web browser, internet explorer, Firefox, google chrome. opera, reload, view source, plan text alternative.

Please advice.

jameshee

Attached screen shot of The Eye icon.

I tired changing from utf-8 to iso-8859-1, there is no difference.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-01-02 at 12.41.26 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-01-02 at 12.41.26 PM.png
    219.5 KB · Views: 1

jameshee

See attached. The wording are too small to copy and paste it

Attachments

• 8781A9E0-F3E7-49BF-AFF8-53DCF4ECEE7F.png
    8781A9E0-F3E7-49BF-AFF8-53DCF4ECEE7F.png
    630.8 KB · Views: 1

jameshee

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
</head>
<body>
<tr>
<div style="text-align: left"><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana; font-size: 12px; color: #FF0000;">Polar Container</span><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana; font-size: 12px; color: #000000;"> factory located in Beautiful City of Jiangsu Province, China. 40minutes drive from Port of Shanghai, the biggest port in the world.</span></div>
<div style="text-align: left"><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana; font-size: 12px; color: #000000;">Our factory yard covers area of 12,000 square meters with 2 production lines and 100 professional workers capable of achieving a production capacity of 50~100 tues per day.</span></div>
<div style="text-align: left"><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana; font-size: 12px; color: #000000;">Our products range from 20'GP, 40'GP, 40'HQ, Open side, Open Top, to all kinds of special containers and customisable to your requirement.</span></div>
<div style="text-align: left"><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana; font-size: 12px; color: #000000;">If you want to purchase your first lot of shipping container directly from Polar Container factory, please send us an inquiry with </span><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana; font-size: 12px; color: #FF0000;">Type, Quantity, Color of Container, as well as the Port of Delivery</span><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana; font-size: 12px; color: #000000;">. We will respond with our immediate offer.</span></div>
<div style="text-align: left"><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana; font-size: 12px; color: #FF0000;">Benefits of purchasing shipping container from us:</span></div>
<div style="text-align: left"><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana; font-size: 12px; color: #FF0000;"><i>- Speedy production</i></span></div>
<div style="text-align: left"><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana; font-size: 12px; color: #FF0000;"><i>- Free delivery</i></span><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana; font-size: 12px; color: #000000;"> to your depot with free of freight to most major ports (</span><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana; font-size: 12px; color: #FF0000;"><b><u>by oneway free use for standard container</u></b></span><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana; font-size: 12px; color: #000000;">)</span></div>
<div style="text-align: left"></div>
<div style="text-align: left"><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana; font-size: 12px; color: #000000;">POLAR CONTAINER</span></div>
<div style="text-align: left"><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana; font-size: 12px; color: #000000;">Marketing Department</span></div>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Not what I asked, Ok. Better if you set the message a '1' followed by to line breaks, '2' followed by two line breaks and then 3:

View attachment 955

I want to compare what you get with the same exact message. This is the code I get here:

HTML:
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
</head>
<body>
<tr>
<div style="text-align: left"><span style="font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Verdana; font-size: 14px; color: #000000;">1</span></div>
<br />
<div style="text-align: left"><span style="font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Verdana; font-size: 14px; color: #000000;">2</span></div>
<br />
<div style="text-align: left"><span style="font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Verdana; font-size: 14px; color: #000000;">3</span></div>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>

jameshee

I have done as per your instruction.

You can see the line break is lost.

Doing the same in Mac do not have this problem.

See screen shots as per attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-01-11 at 11.08.51 AM.png
    Screenshot 2019-01-11 at 11.08.51 AM.png
    180.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2019-01-11 at 11.08.35 AM.png
    Screenshot 2019-01-11 at 11.08.35 AM.png
    390.9 KB · Views: 2

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I don't understand. I thought you had a problem with the style text format so the example message 1 2 3, in 3 lines with 2 line breaks as I posted is not what you are doing here. You are now starting with an HTML message. I am trying to compare results so you have to do 100% what I did else there is nothing I can compare. I ask you to do that because I can't reproduce your problem here at all.

--

jameshee

OK. I have paste your html code onto both Mac and Windows.

See the Screen Shots. On the left is Mac and on the Right is Windows.

Same code in Mac is prefect. But in Window it lost the line break.

Hope this can better explain the problem.Screenshot 2019-01-17 at 1.31.18 AM.pngScreenshot 2019-01-17 at 1.31.30 AM.png