Maxprog is running but doesn't load .mbm files

Hi!
I'm Joan and I'm working with windows10 and maxprog 8.5.3-es.

I run maxprog and try to load a .mbm file, but nothing happens, the window program doesn't load the file; it's like I did nothing, the same when I open the program, before to load some file or create a new file .mbm. Even when a create a new .mbm, for exemple, I create "test.mbm" and try to load this file, but without exit -rebooting the program, with the same result-
I see the processes "Maxbulk Mailer v.8.5.3 (32bits)" running in the windows administration task.
The programs runs, but don't load the .mbm files. What can I do?
Thanks in advance.
Joan

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
When did the problem start? Have you tried to uninstall the software and install it again?

Hi!
No I didn't. I will do.
Casually I discover I can load te files when I do it with the context menu, using the "open" item (file manager). With this I can solve my emergency, later I will try to fix it with the new installation.
Thank you!
Joan

Odyssey_Jon

Hello,

I too am having the same problem.
Started in the last 10 days?
Reinstalled 8.5.3 us on Windows 10.
It appears to save a .mdm file.
When opening a .mdm file it does nothing.
It works and sends messages.

Also I noticed that the other windows that get opened i.e. history or statistics are missing the close buttons and must be closed from the x on the windows task bar.??

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
As I said above, true to uninstall MaxBulk Mailer with the uninstaller that comes with the software, then install again.

hobgoblinhollow

Hi.....I have the same issue. I'm using Windows 8.1. I can launch the file from the file directory but not from within the program. I uninstalled the program using the included uninstaller and rebooted then reinstalled. I still have the problem.

I have 8.5.4 US installed. This has been happening for the last couple of releases.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
When inside MaxBulk Mailer and using File > Open, you mean MaxBulk Mailer files are grayed out?

hobgoblinhollow

The files are in the list within MaxBulk Mailer when you enter File, then Open or when you go through Open Recent and select the file. They are not greyed out. However, when you double click it the file never opens.

If you go directly to the file folder (through This PC, etc) and double click the file it will open MaxBulk Mailer and load the file.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, so it is a problem with the 'File > Open Recent' menu, right? Can you open those exact same files with 'File > Open'?

hobgoblinhollow

Hi....I cannot launch the file through either the "File > Open" menu item or the "File > Open Recent" menu item. The only way I can launch the file is by going through File Explorer and then double clicking the file which then starts the program and loads the file.

hobgoblinhollow

Thank you Stan. This version works like a charm. Will this change be incorporated in the next release or should I hold off doing updates for a while?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The fix will be included in next version, with any other fixes that may be applied by then :) ... if you still find problems please report.