maxbulk mailer not completing connection to vpn

shaftblade

looking for smtp........ but never completes the connection

[01] 3/30 18:20:59 ~ Opening connection for delivery...
[01] 3/30 18:20:59 ~ Connecting to smtp.xxxxxvpn.com Port:465

[01] 3/30 18:22:59 *** SMTP TIME-OUT 1 - 120 s
[01] 3/30 18:22:59 --> Reconnecting attempt 1 of 5

I have tried changing the smtp information, got that from the sever support. I changed the ports and that didn't help. I just want to get this connected and functioning.
Any Help will be much appreciated. Thank you

mac osx 10.9.2 macbook pro
2.53 ghz intel core 2 duo

shaftblade

Ok did I say something wrong? 25 people have looked at my posting and there are no replies. I know i am new to this forum but is vpn a bad word? Please educate me. Is it possible that it will not work with a vpn?

thanks

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I have tried to connect to those servers thru port 25 and 587, this is the result:

telnet smtp.frootvpn.com 587
smtp.frootvpn.com: nodename nor servname provided, or not known

telnet se-vpn.frootvpn.com 587
Trying 178.73.195.98...
telnet: connect to address 178.73.195.98: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

Port 25 is usual SMTP port, 587 is usual alternative port when port 25 is blocked.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
You should ask your server support actually, did you? Maybe you have activate SSL.

shaftblade

I copied the information that you sent me (server info not functioning) and sent it to the server support. I am waiting for their answer now. I believe that once we get that working everything will be fine with the mailer.

thanks

laurenaria

did you got the solution? is your vpn connecting working fine? if is there any question regarding vpn service connection then feel free to ask. Although the admin of this forum has almost given the best reply and just for your help check vpnranks.com for top vpn provider reviews.

bradhaddin

I have tried different platform of VPN and one thing is for sure that not everyone supports to this but after doing a huge research and discussion with experts they recommend Ivacy VPN and they thought that this the best platform in 2016 after that I order vpn online and I am completely satisfied with its overall performance.

koren

Most VPN providers are blocking the SMTP ports 25 and 465 to avoid spam on servers.
You could check the email provider if it support other SMTP ports. Most email providers support port 587 which allows TLS encryption for sending emails.

Had this issue with ibVPN (https://www.ibvpn.com) but their support helped me solve it.

tiffanyfrancis

I have tried many different VPN providers and none of them have been stable except one which is PureVPN. Their support answer my all questions. The speed is good for most of servers and is quite affordable as compare to other VPNs. I am very much satisfied with their service.

KettyMitchels

I have been using VPN for many years now I started with some free VPNs but most of the are slow and keep logs, so I switched to ExpressVPN I got it after reading many ExpressVPN Review on the web and it is working best for me no speed lags and I can access Netflix US library outside the US and much more

lucasbrown

I have been using VPN for many years now I started with some free VPNs but most of the are slow and keep logs, so I switched to ExpressVPN I got it after reading many ExpressVPN Review on the web and it is working best for me no speed lags and I can access Netflix US library outside the US and much more
I know it's pretty late to reply, But I have just bought ExpressVPN after reading the ExpressVPN review that you have shared. Thank you so much.