MaxBulk Mailer MLM :: Monitor mailing

steve

I have previously been using the local version of MaxBulk Mailer and been able to monitor the mailing, however now will be taking advantage of the Double Opt-In features of the php-based Mailing List Manager (MLM). Will I still be able to monitor the mailing in the Delivery Panel of MaxBulk Mailer? If not, is there another way to monitor the mailing progress and logs?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, there is no changes here. Despite the list is remote, the delivery is local so you can follow the delivery as usual.

steve

Thanks for the quick reply :)

If I am understanding you correctly, the app continues to run local and just uses the remote list (either a text file or mySQL)? If that is the correct, I need to keep MaxBulk Mailer (local) open during the entire send process?

Our host has a 500 per hour limit and our list would take about 11 - 13 hours to send with those limits. Before they imposed the 500 per hour limit I could send to our entire list in about 3 hours so I would start it early in the morning while traffic was low (given that the server is a shared resource). I manage the list from my MacBook and leaving it for 11 - 13 hours is not an option.

I was hoping I could initiate the sending to the list and then close out of the application while the server continued the mailing and I could continue to be "mobile" and go about my other business :)

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
If I am understanding you correctly, the app continues to run local and just uses the remote list (either a text file or mySQL)?
Absolutely.
If that is the correct, I need to keep MaxBulk Mailer (local) open during the entire send process?
Yes. There is no changes.

If your list is big and you have strong limits, you have several solutions:

#1 Use your own SMTP server. Mac OS X comes with one for free, you just need to activate it. On Windows there are free solutions. You need to have full access to port 25 though. The drawback is that you will get around 30% more bounces, that is, 30% good addresses that will bounce your message because of the delivery method. It is explained Using your own SMTP server, advantages and drawbacks.

#2 Use a service like Unified eMail

#3 Continue working as you do now but sending your message slowly overnight.