It would nice to be able to do split transactions

vizou

Still loving the program after getting it set up (I am VERY novice in accounting but a very experienced computer user). I end up splitting my deposits that contain several transactions into separate transactions; being able to add that detail (trackable) would be superb. And I can't WAIT for the ability to get rid of duplicate Contacts! Keep up the good work!

Rose

split transactions

Yes - like Quicken, etc and to download or create.
Definately YES. I can't wait.
And again, thanks for the great work.

vizou

splitting transactions

No; I actually mean splitting a single transaction between several accounts. For example, when I make a bank deposit of 3 client checks on the same slip and I need to apply them each to a different sales account. Right now, I'm creating additional transactions and breaking the deposit transaction up that way but it's not ideal as when I go back to look at a deposit made months ago I don't see an amount that matches the single deposit I made; I have to remember that I split it up. Not a huge deal, but it is a feature that some other programs offer...

CavalJr

yes, splitting function would be great

Hi,
In the same direction, I become grouped transaction from my bank for the Credit Cards payments, and would like to split those payments on several accounts.

I think such a function would be great

Regards

Marc

CavalJr

Goups are not what I would need

Hi,

Tried it with groups, but it is not what I would like to do.

I become from my Bank a transaction from 100 € by a supermarkt.

But from those 100 €, 50 where for "eating", 30 for clothes for my son and 20 for DVD's.

I have an account for each of those expenses types, so I would like to have a split option to mut the 100 € transaction from my bank on those three accounts...

Do you think it would possible to build such a function ?

Regards from France

Marc

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe I don't understand well but this is a group. You create 3 transactions and group them. Why do you think you can't group them? Is this a display problem for you? Maybe you don't want to enter 3 transactions. Let me know.

CavalJr

exactly, I would like to work "in the other direction".

I become a first transaction from my bank, with the full amount, and would like, through a function, be able to assign it to 2 or more "break down" transactions.

In this way, I would gain "time", because I would not have to re enter all the informations again for each transaction before to group them... the first part of the information would come from the transaction I'm spleeting.

I could also imagine, that this function would "help me", by making a control if the addition of the splits egals the amount of the transaction to be split.

Regards

calvinn

Splitting

Another comment on splitting.

I would like you to provide for debit "Transactions" to enable deductions, such as Taxes, to be entered.
I realize that there is a Tax Entry Box in "Transaction" but it does not show up in Balance Sheets.
Tax is a Debt when it not paid immediately.
On that point you might also like to allow editing of "Account Type". In a lot of countries (including Australia) we use the word "Liabilities" instead of "Debt"

Great programme. Have been using it for my personal finances for some time and am now setting it up for my family Company (Corporation)