ip blacklisted. ...now?

fabprog

After verifying about 4000 emails with verifier, I got tons of emails returned as "apparently valid". In fact, looking deeper into test results, all those emails returned basically one of the following results: (where "MYIP" replaces the real IP address of my computer's current internet connection)
550 mail not accepted from blacklisted IP address [MYIP]
550 DY-001 (COL004-MC2F30) Unfortunately, messages from MYIP weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider. You can tell them that Hotmail does not relay dynamically-assigned IP ranges. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.
554 Refused. Your IP address is listed in the RBL at b.barracudacentral.org
554 Refused. Your IP address is listed in the RBL at zen.spamhaus.org
550 smtp-05.iol.local bizsmtp IP blacklisted by Spamhaus, http://www.spamhaus.org/query/ip/MYIP [smtp-05.iol.local; LIB_101]
476 connections from your host are temporarily denied
It looks my IP has been blacklisted "somewhere" and most of my test are practically invalid.
Now what can I do and what the consequences of this?
Should I stop using Email Verifier?
How can I be removed from this/these blacklist(s)?

fabprog

addendum: searching in spamhouse.org website I realized that my ip is listed in the PBL (but not in SBL and XBL). Further info reports:
It is the policy of ASN3269 / ASN-IBSNAZ TELECOM ITALIA that unauthenticated email sent from this IP address should be sent out only via the designated outbound mail server allocated to ASN3269 / ASN-IBSNAZ TELECOM ITALIA customers. To find the hostname of the correct mail server to use, customers should consult the original signup documentation or contact ASN3269 / ASN-IBSNAZ TELECOM ITALIA Technical Support.
I don't fully understand this. Should I set some specific SMTP server in Email Verifier preferences, instead of using default?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
You should contact your server support, they should fix that problem. It looks like there is a misconfiguration somewhere and as a result the server has been blacklisted.