inserting a tab in the text

I am sure there is an answer somewhere but couldn't find it. How can I insert tabs in the text? When I press the tab button, the application highlights the subject line.

Matthew

This is HTML editors so you have to insert hard spaces using (without spaces): & n b s p ;
Enter one for each space you want to insert, five for the traditional tab. You will need one to get two-spaces after a period as well.

Many thanks for your reply. I had already done this but it seems that it literally takes these characters as they are. Please see the attached screen shot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 10.16.49.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 10.16.49.png
    33.7 KB · Views: 0
Thank you for your answer but again I don't quite see what to do. The link you provided says that I should type   but, as I already said, this appears literally as this sequence of characters. The general link refers to entering non-breaking spaces in other applications such as Word or Powerpoint but these solutions (e.g. holding Control-Shift or holding ALT and typing 0160) don't work in MaxBulk.

This works! But using spaces does not align properly the columns, as you can see in the attached screenshot. So, I guess, I need to use the tabs. Which takes me to the previous problem of the sequence of characters   appearing in the text as they are typed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 12.56.36.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 12.56.36.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 1

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
There is a simple solution, a table, copy and paste the following code:

HTML:
<table>
<tr>
<td>&bull; Paper submission deadline:</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td>September 10, 2019</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>&bull; Notification of paper acceptance/rejection:</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td>October 17, 2019</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>&bull; Submission of camera ready papers:</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td>October 24, 2019</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>&bull; Author registration:</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td>October 24, 2019</td>
</tr>
</table>

Preview your message and you will see all your data properly formatted.

--
Follow maxprog.com on Facebook | Linkedin | Twitter | YouTube
and keep up-to-date with the latest Max Programming updates!

Thank you! I thought a table might be the only viable solution, I just hoped maybe something simpler was possible. :) But a table will do nicely

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Well, actually it is quite simple, much more than it looks like. I am about to create a short video tutorial about that topic. You add styles, headings and all kind of formattings actually.

--
Follow maxprog.com on Facebook | Linkedin | Twitter | YouTube
and keep up-to-date with the latest Max Programming updates!