Importing to a Non Existing Account

Jade

Hi! Found something kind of weird when I made an error today. Thought I'd share. Here's what happened. (I have not upgraded to V4.3 yet but am using the one just before that) I will be upgrading later today.

I selected IMPORT, and then the .QFX file to be imported. When asked what account to assign it to, I selected Bank Savings in error. It successfully completed the import.

To fix, I deleted the transactions and selected import, and the appropriate file again. This time it automatically imported to the same account I had selected the first time. (I had thought I would be able to point it to the correct account somewhere during the process).

Next I tried to find a way to change the assignment but couldn't. How should I change the assignment to another account? As you'll see, the following method had unexpected results!

As a quick fix, I decided to just delete the savings account. I thought that when ICash couldn't find the account it would ask what account I wanted. Instead, it put the imported transactions into an account it created called Bank Savings Account 2 ??.

I see the transactions when I am on the transaction page (all accounts) or the overview page. However, Bank Savings Account does not appear on any list anywhere. On the overview page, if Bank Savings Accounts (the category heading) is selected, it says there are no savings accounts, the reconciled and balanced totals are 0.00, but the transaction list below shows the imported transactions with account Bank Savings 2.

On the transaction page I can successfully update the the appropriate field with another account name, but this is a time consuming process. As well, it doesn't solve my dilemma if I wanted to import more transactions at a later date.

Any suggestions on how to reassign the file to be imported to the correct account, other than going back to a backup version of my file?

Thanks in advance,

Jade

Jade

Ok I feel a little embarrassed, I can't believe I neglected to try that myself. :oops:

I thought I had tried that yesterday, but obviously not because when did that today, it was fine. Thanks for all your help. Jade