iCash 7.7 release

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
New iCash v7.7 has been released today. This is a free update for all v7 users with an update plan.

iCash is an easy-to-use, full featured and multi-purpose Personal Finance software for Macintosh and Windows intended to help you control your personal finances, keeping track of incomes, expenses, credits, debts and Banks transactions for you. No needs to know about accounting or even care about it! iCash lets you know where your money comes from and to where it goes with just a few clicks.

What's new in this release:

- Overview panel has been redesigned. It now displays chart and summary information.
- The chart panel now support 3D pie charts.
- New 'Last 12 months', 2, 3, 5 and 10 years chart periods.
- New 'About the app' box tool menu entry to Get license info, Register and Unregister.
- New 'About the app' box tool menu entry to see the User License Agreement.
- New 'About the app' box tool menu entry to Reset the app settings to factory default.
- New 'About the app' box tool menu entry to Copy the current serial.
- New 'About the app' box tool menu entry to Renew the Update Plan.
- The 'Overview' panel has been renamed. It is now labeled 'Accounts'.
- All chart system has been redesigned to support Hi-Dpi.
- Fix: Interface flickering has been fixed on the MS Windows version.
- Fix: Comment auto-completion failing in given occasions.
- Fix: Crash when quitting the application while entering a transaction.
- Fix: Chart data entries unchecked by error for given periods.
- Fix: Transaction debit and credit account information display issue on Windows.

icash_New_Overview_Panel.png

Don't forget to read our small tutorial about adding transactions to iCash, how to use Budgets and how to import transactions from a Bank statement.

Fantástico trabajo Stan, estoy seguro que la espera ha merecido la pena. Un extraordinario regalo de Navidad para los usuarios de la aplicación. Un par de detalles:

En mi caso, veo en la gráfica inferior de la nueva pestaña "Balance" que teniendo filtrado por año actual (del 1 de enero al 31 de diciembre de 2018) y mostrando el total, sólo se muestra la gráfica hasta el mes de julio. ¿A qué puede deberse? Obviamente tengo cientos de transacciones posteriores hasta el día de hoy.

Por otro lado, en otro post le indiqué unos pequeños defectos visuales que no han sido solucionados por completo. Debajo del menú "Archivo, Edición, etc" siguen mostrándose esos defectos. El mensaje era este: https://www.maxprog.com/forums/inde...tocompletado-de-transacciones.8952/post-31810

Utilizo la versión de Windows 64 bits sobre Windows 8.1.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Gracias. Empece con esto en abril para sacarlo en junio y se complico bastante.

Sobre la gráfica, la de abajo, se supone que muestra todos los meses del año y datos hasta la última transacción. Por si acaso, ha probado reindexar el documento. ¿Algún cambio?

En cuanto al problema que ya reporto me puede pasar otra copia de pantalla? El texto se desplazo unos 3 pixeles hacia arriba, m√°s que suficiente para Windows 10. Pero quiz√°s no lo suficiente para Windows 8.

--
Follow maxprog.com on Facebook | Google+ | Linkedin | Twitter | YouTube
and keep up-to-date with the latest Max Programming updates!

josomar

Hola Stan. Buen trabajo, Pero tengo el mismo problema con los graficos, he reindexado-comprobar datos-diagnostico. Pero no se corrige.

Reindexar el documento no soluciona el problema. Curiosamente si elijo para mostrar el año 2017 u otro anterior, aparece completa la gráfica, pero escogiendo 2018 o "El año actual" sólo muestra hasta julio.

Respecto al otro problema, adjunto una captura de pantalla.Captura.PNG

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Existe alguna posibilidad de que me envíe su archivo para poder reproducir el problema #1?
Sobre el problema #2 es curioso que este efecto se produzca en una zona de la ventana manejada por el sistema operativo :rolleyes: pero voy a intentar averiguar de dónde puede venir,

--

josomar

No me funciona bien el nuevo grafico de balance, los filtros tampoco.
Pasado fiestas, me pondre en contacto privado, pues hace tiempo que cash no me funciona del todo bien- (desde el cambio de carbon a coco mas o menos).
Saludos. Josep.

Last edited:
Mismo problema con la pestaña de balance. En cualquier filtro que afecte al año 2018, solo muestra hasta Julio
Mi entorno es w10 64 bits
Yo no tengo el problema de los fallos graficos.
Gracias

pboscolo

On my PC the overview panel only shows data from January up to July... anything about the rest of the year. Why there is a "Loan" value on the "profit and loss" part ? what does it means ?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I would really like to see a file with that failure, anybody? Me gustaría poder probar con un archivo, los que tengo simplemente funcionan. You can open a service ticket here.

The Loan value in the Profit and Loss part is the loan and mortgage repayments. If you se values and you don't have any liability then you probably made an error setting some account category and type.

--

PhilippeG

Great tool. I am new user and i have started with a small pilot this week. All good including the import of CSV statements and the creation of a chart of account in line with my needs. I do not manage to reconcile the overview data with the statistics. The total match but the detail by month of the overview tab is not correct. How comes? Anyone experiencing same problem?

josomar

Hola. Referente al grafico, y por si le sirve de referencia, al cambio de año se muestra hasta agosto, el año pasado se mostraba hasta julio.
Buen año nuevo. Josep.

Hola. Referente al grafico, y por si le sirve de referencia, al cambio de año se muestra hasta agosto, el año pasado se mostraba hasta julio.
Buen año nuevo. Josep.
Efectivamente me sucede lo mismo. Si ahora consulto el año 2018 el gráfico muestra hasta el mes de agosto, mientras que cuando era el "año actual" se mostraba hasta julio.

apollo-11

Great new overview! I have difficulties in understanding of credit card transactions. Somehow it is irritating to me having expenses once for the buy transaction and a second time for the credit card invoice. Shouldn't the 10.- only appear as expenses?
Bildschirmfoto 2019-01-03 um 15.00.57.png

I did have setup the following accounts
Bildschirmfoto 2019-01-03 um 15.01.48.png

with the following transactions
Bildschirmfoto 2019-01-03 um 15.01.14.png

According to your tutorial I setup the credit card account as liability type.

apollo-11

But I still think the overview with the profit and loss part is somehow wrong because in my example with the credit card based transactions an expense is reflected twice.
If I setup the credit card account as normal bank account then overview would be correct.
Bildschirmfoto 2019-01-04 um 13.39.36.png

Bildschirmfoto 2019-01-04 um 13.40.07.png

Could you please explain how to interpret your current overview.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I have difficulties reading german so better open a support ticket here with the full explanation (again), and I will ask you in my replay to send me the iCash file. That way I will open it in an English version.

--