HTML forms not working for MLM

juergen

Hello Stan,
my installation (Bulkmailer and MLM) is working good but one strange error i can not fix.
When i use one of the forms in html folder, for example subscribe_single_fixed.php and i fill out all fields, after i click on submit i will redirect again to this form with blank field. this will become with all forms i've tested. Nothing will added to my list in MLM or Bulkmail.

If i use direct cmd, for example lm.php?cmd=subscribe&list=list1[;list2;...]&email=email_addr then everything is working well.
What i've seen too is that when i use a character like ä ü ö in the name field of a form, then i have no more access to the lm.php with my browser (You don't have permission to access /scripts/lm/lm.php on this server.)

Greetings Jürgen

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
my installation (Bulkmailer and MLM) is working good but one strange error i can not fix.
When i use one of the forms in html folder, for example subscribe_single_fixed.php and i fill out all fields, after i click on submit i will redirect again to this form with blank field. this will become with all forms i've tested. Nothing will added to my list in MLM or Bulkmail.
Open the file and replace line 32
Code:
$script_name = $script_path[ count( $script_path ) - 1 ];
with
Code:
$script_name = [THE FULL PATH OF THE PAGE ON YOUR WEB SITE];
That will fix your problem.
If i use direct cmd, for example lm.php?cmd=subscribe&list=list1[;list2;...]&email=email_addr then everything is working well.
What i've seen too is that when i use a character like ä ü ö in the name field of a form, then i have no more access to the lm.php with my browser (You don't have permission to access /scripts/lm/lm.php on this server.)
Try with the modification above. MLM is UTF-8, you can write english, russian, chinese and whatever you like mixed in all fields.

juergen

I tried to replace this code
$script_name = $script_path[ count( $script_path ) - 1 ];
with
$script_name = [THE FULL PATH OF THE PAGE ON YOUR WEB SITE]
but the result what i get is a 404 error message
i have used different urls for the full path but every time i get a 404 error.

when i take the full path of any script in my browser address field it will find the script, so its strange why i get a 404 error when i take the same path here [THE FULL PATH OF THE PAGE ON YOUR WEB SITE]

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
If you get a 404 error it is because you haven't replaced [THE FULL PATH OF THE PAGE ON YOUR WEB SITE] with the right URL. It has to be the full URL of the form.

juergen

i think i use the correct URL
[~scripts/lm/html/subscribe_single_fixed.php]

i tried also with absolute path
[http://~]

and with apostrophe
["~scripts/lm/html/subscribe_single_fixed.php"]

as i said before, when i use the url in my browser address filed it will be fine, no 404 error.
my i understood something wrong and i have to use an other form, like the lm.php to replace as the full URL?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
It has to be the absolute path, for example:
Code:
$script_name = "http://www.xxx.com/lm/html/subscribe_single_fixed.php";

juergen

this will not fix my problem.
when i use the absolute path, the the only different is, that i will be redirected to my form again with all fields are filled out - different as i wrote on my first post, that after redirect to my form alle the fields were blank.
but in any case, there will be no entry added to Bulkmail or my list.

also the problem with umlaut still exists, if i add manually (Add Recipient) a user in the lm.php with ü it will be add the user to the list, but when i click on "edit" for this user i get this error "Forbidden You don't have permission to access /_newsletter/scripts/lm/lm.php on this server." So i don't know on witch position the error will be in alle the corresponding forms.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Ok so replace:
Code:
$lm_path = "http".(empty($_SERVER['HTTPS'])?'':'s').'://'. $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] . str_replace( "html/$script_name", '', $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] );
with
Code:
$lm_path = "http://www.xxx.com/lm/lm.php";

replace 'http://www.xxx.com/lm/lm.php' with your lm.php URL.

juergen

yes this was the solution - now its works so far.

problem again is, when a user has an umlaut in his name, i can add him with the form now, but i can't edit him within the online form - see my previous post.

juergen

as i wrote in a previous post:

also the problem with umlaut still exists, if i add manually (Add Recipient) a user in the lm.php with ü it will be add the user to the list, but when i click on "edit" for this user i get this error "Forbidden You don't have permission to access /_newsletter/scripts/lm/lm.php on this server." So i don't know on witch position the error will be in alle the corresponding forms.

it means i can add manually user with umlaut but i can not edit then the user with the web fronted (list manager) if i try to edit a user with umlaut i get the server error message "You don't have permission to access /scripts/lm/lm.php on this server"

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
When you get the error, what link do you have in your browser link field? Can you paste it here?

juergen

here is the link
~/_newsletter/scripts/lm/lm.php?cmd=admin&action=editaddr&list=Mitarbeiter&firstname=Jürgen&lastname=Berger&company=FODIG&email=j.berger%40fodig.de

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
here is the link
~/_newsletter/scripts/lm/lm.php?cmd=admin&action=editaddr&list=Mitarbeiter&firstname=Jürgen&lastname=Berger&company=FODIG&email=j.berger%40fodig.de
Try the following:
Code:
Does it work?

juergen

not really, the name will be cut out after the umlaut - see the screenshot..

oh there is a error when i want to ad a screenshot (Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.)

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, sorry, I made a mistake, the correct code is:
~/_newsletter/scripts/lm/lm.php?
Code:
cmd=admin&action=editaddr&list=Mitarbeiter&firstname=J%FCrgen&lastname=Berger&company=FODIG&email=j.berger%40fodig.de
or
Code:
cmd=admin&action=editaddr&list=Mitarbeiter&firstname=J%C3%BCrgen&lastname=Berger&company=FODIG&email=j.berger%40fodig.de

Can you try both and confirm if they work?

juergen

Hi Stan,
sorry for my delay (i was on vacation).

i tried both script commands an no one was working. the same result - "...You don't have permission to access /_newsletter/scripts/lm/lm.php on this server." Error 403

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Ok. Have you contacted your server support? You could ask for more info about this error and where it comes from. Perhaps they have some security setting in place that causes that.