how to retrieve cleared History to see delivery Statistics

SAW

We mistakenly clicked: Delivery > Clear History

Now all of our list of “deliveries” have disappeared from our Statistics window (we had over 650.)

This was a user error—whoops!

How do we retrieve & recover the History?

We are running on a Mac and are using mlm (plain text) & mbm 7.5.

I have looked around: ~/Library/Application Support/Maxprog
but have not found the solution, yet.

Please advise. Thank you.

Stephen

SAW

Success!

I used Mac’s Time Machine to locate the file:

~/Library/Application Support/Maxprog/MaxBulk Mailer/Deliveries/Deliveries.log

Then using AppleScript Editor, I cut & pasted the new log to the bottom of the previous [master] log (that was accidentally deleted.)

When saving I got an error, but it looks like the save took anyway.

I doubled up and did the same process with TextEdit, just incase that save error, did cause a problem.

Upon replacing the file Deliveries.log, the History was successfully recovered.

emjayfour

Re: how to retrieve cleared History to see delivery Statisti

I am using MBM 8.3.3 on Mac 10.6.8

I did what was described here, but nothing was different in the statistics window. The delivery/Subject column do not show the emails that went out previous to my accidentally deleting statistics history. Should I be restoring some additional things in that file location like the "By Delivery" "By Recipient", and/or the "Recipients" folder or items within?
Thanks!

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member

You can try that but the most important file is '~/Library/Application Support/Maxprog/MaxBulk Mailer/Deliveries/Deliveries.log'. That file is used to display the delivery IDs and subjects.

emjayfour

Well I dont think there is a need to copy any more files. I can see that logs are in the By Delivery folder. So, why arent these logs showing up in the statistics window? Is it a MLM issue now?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member

Those files are the ones you can select from the 'Delivery' panel, after clicking on the disclosure triangle. They are just connection logs, nothing to do with statistics nor MLM.

emjayfour

Anyways, the original problem is the same as the original post's problem. I accidentally deleted the statistics history. I tried merging the old Deliveries.log into the new Deliveries.log, but that didnt bring in any of the old missing statistics, so it didnt work for me. Now what do you suggest I do?
Thanks!

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member

Are you sure? That file is the very only one you need to load the deliveries in the statistics window. Actually it is the file that is being loaded and it is a plain text file with tab delimited data.

emjayfour

haha! Your persistence / gut intuition has paid off. I dont know why it didnt work the first time. This time it did.
Thanks!