How do I import subscribers from CSV into MLM list?

yashax

I am running latest version of MaxBulk and MLM using MySql.
I have successfully installed both. I can easily add a subscriber to the newly created list in MLM manually, via one of the supplied form.

The script successfully communicates with MaxBulk.

I can NOT upload the list that I have directly into MLM from CSV. I have a TAB delimited CSV which can not be imported. I do not get any errors, it just says - "imported successfully, 0 imported". I have created a different, small sample, TAB delimited file with the same results.

Basically, I have a CSV that I would like to import in the the list in MLM and subscribe all of the recipients automatically.

How do I do this successfully?

Btw, I was able to successfully import the same list into MaxBulk, but then when I click save to remote list it fails, saying that the structure must be the same, in order?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The list format has to be:

Firstname1<tab>Lastname1<tab>Company1<tab>Email address1
Firstname2<tab>Lastname2<tab>Company2<tab>Email address3
Firstname3<tab>Lastname3<tab>Company3<tab>Email address4

Is it the case?

yashax

Yes, it is EXACTLY like this.

Here is one sample row...

"first" "last" "company" "[email protected]" "address" "city" "state" "zip" "phone" "source" "ip" "date time"

Here is a sample file that I am trying to import:
http://www.forinflammation.com/lm/impor ... a-list.csv

Again, I can import the list into MaxBulk with no problem, but the n when I click "Save", I get an error:

"No recipients have been uploaded to the remote list xxx. Check your list and try again. Make sure your list contains at least the "First name", "Last name", "Company" and "Email address" columns in this order delimited by tabs.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Did you import first to MaxBulk Mailer and then from MaxBulk Mailer to MLM? I ask that because MLM will never accept all those quotes surrounding all fields.

yashax

Yes, the import into MLM directly never works. I can easily import the same document into MaxBulk, but when I try to save to the remote list, it fails.

What do I need to do to fix this problem?

yashax

I also removed all the quotes with the same result - I can not import it directly into MLM.

0 address(es) have been uploaded to 'TRIVITA-AK'.
MLM has found 0 duplicate(s) and 0 bad address(es)

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Are you sure your MLM is installed properly? Have you logged into it with your browser and tried to create a list? I just want to make sure.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
That file is not valid since the email addresses are not valid. Indeed the fourth column has to contain syntactically valid email addresses.

yashax

I get exact same thing. Please check the file, it reflects the actual correct email addresses.

>>>
The file 'importtest.txt' has been uploaded to the list(s) 'TRIVITA-NEW' successfully.

0 email address(es) were added to TRIVITA-NEW. We found 0 duplicate(s) and 0 bad address(es)..
<<<

Here is the file that I have created per your instructions and I am trying to import.
http://www.forinflammation.com/importtest.txt

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Have you contacted your server yet about that? Also the MLM FAQ has an entry about upload problems. It is labeled 'The MaxBulk Mailer 'Recipients > Upload to MLM' function doesn't work'. You can try what it says there.

yashax

Yes, I already looked at the article and applied all the changes, prior to posting on here.

The server people will NOT troubleshoot a 3rd party script. As far as they are concerned, the server works as it should.

Please help. I really need this to work. How can I fix this?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I am afraid your server is blocking given features, reason why the script doesn't work. Is this a free server or a low cost server?