How can I validate Hotmail and Gmail email addresses?

• Thread starter Maxprog Knowledge Base
  • Start date
M

Maxprog Knowledge Base

You can't really test Gmail nor Hotmail email addresses. Actually, those servers, as most free mail servers will validate absolutely any addresses, good or not. I mean, both Gmail and Hotmail servers will always tell you the addresses you are testing are good!

Those mail servers never cooperate and as a result, addresses will be marked as valid. They are configured in a way they prevent anybody to find out if an e-mail address is good or not, mostly to protect their customer e-mail addresses from harvester tools.

eMail Verifier already offers a list of non-cooperating servers in the preferences, 'Rules' panel. You can add more servers to the list. That will speed up the verifying process since no connection will be made to those servers.

How can I validate Hotmail and Gmail email addresses?

Consider eMail Verifier as a tool for tracking bad e-mail addresses instead of validating good ones. It is always a plus to have as few bad email addresses in a list as possible. It would be terrific to be able to detect all those dead email addresses and generates 100% clean lists. Unfortunately, that is no longer possible. Anyway, it is highly recommended to clean your lists with eMail Verifier since a high bounce rate can flag your message as spam in given systems.

It is also explained here: Bad e-mail addresses are sometimes marked as valid.

About error 23 and port 25 blocking I recommend you to read this page: Port 25 blocking effects on email validation.

Continue reading...