Grouping Transactions when not sequential

Jade

Hi!

I'm running into a frustrating situation. I have a number of deposit transactions that I need to split up (or input) and then group together. I download all my banking data so I have quite a few transactions on any given day. The problem arises when I want to group some together, the information is not common enough to have them sorted into order one underneath the other so I can highlight them to group them.

I have played around with trying to find a simple common way to make it so they will line up but most often I have to "fudge" data to get them to line up, group them and then change the data back.

If I don't group them, I have to manually find each item and add up the list to ensure it matches my deposit total.

Is there a way to select transactions individually regardless of where they are in the transaction list, and then choose to group them?

Thanks a bunch for your help.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
You can group transactions from the query window. Perhaps it will be easier for you.

Jade

That would be awesome, because then I could use the tracking number field.

However, when I am in the Query Window, I can't group the transactions. :? :? I can highlight them, but when I select the transaction menu, GROUP is in light grey. If I right click my mouse button, GROUP is not one of the listed options. Help! please.

I did figure out that I can do the following, but it is cumbersome as you will see.

Do a Query to subset the date and account (or manually locate the transactions on the transaction window)

"Unreconcile" the transactions to be grouped

Double click one of the transactions to go back to the Transaction Window

Sort by the Reconcile field

Group my transactions

Remember to reconcile them again

However, I would much prefer to be able to group the transactions from the query window if possible, as you suggested. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.