FTP Disk - Download an local folder problems

Daniel Eicher

Hi

Well, the GUI and some features are nice, but there are two things, which makes the FTP Disk unusable.

If FTP Disk doesn't find the local folder, it doesn't start anymore. Only way is to make the folder again (same name, same destination).

When I download some files from my FTP Server, all photos and probably other files were destroyed!!! Imagine, what happens, if you want to download these files again to a web server. That's what happened to me...

No download problems with cyberduck, by the way.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
If FTP Disk doesn't find the local folder, it doesn't start anymore. Only way is to make the folder again (same name, same destination).
Do you mean you set a start folder in FTP Disk, quit the application, removed that folder and started FTP Disk again?
When I download some files from my FTP Server, all photos and probably other files were destroyed!!! Imagine, what happens, if you want to download these files again to a web server. That's what happened to me...
Weird, I have been downloading with FTP Disk for years and I have never seen that problem. What you download is saved to your disk as is. Are you sure you haven't set the transfer type to 'Text'?

neotong

stanbusk said:
Do you mean you set a start folder in FTP Disk, quit the application, removed that folder and started FTP Disk again?
Weird, I have been downloading with FTP Disk for years and I have never seen that problem. What you download is saved to your disk as is. Are you sure you haven't set the transfer type to 'Text'?
I use windows 7 and try your FTP disk it stupidly cannot change drive from c: to d: in local pane how stupid I watste
valuable time in downloading and write this forum if you never check
Please don't release software

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I am responding to all your questions! Furthermore you reported a problem and I fixed it! I mean the one related to the starting folder, can't you see I fixed it?

The drive problems will be fixed in next version.

shon michal

But i also had an old version of WS-FTP Pro Ver 6, loaded it and can list my FTP directories no problems.so take it easy

gul shar

We provide guarantee to pass network plus study guide gmat with online comptia network+ exam exam training Sterling College itil and you can also get best quality Palm Beach Atlantic University mcat along with Northwestern University mcat for your guaranteed success.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
What version of FTP Disk are you using? On what operating system? What is the format of the pictures? What extension?