Fixing paragraph flow in plain-text alternative?

jporten

I've used MaxBulk for two mailings so far, an HTML newsletter with a plain-text alternative. The HTML side looks fine, but the plain-text is badly formatted: the first line of each paragraph is too long and hard-wraps on the second line; HTML entities like &nbsp are printed out; and random spaces appear within words.

I checked the document in preview and these artifacts do not occur; is there any way to fix these before sending?

jporten

I wrote it as HTML in BBEdit. If there's a way to also write the plain text and paste that in separately, please let me know.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, and actually it is recommended to write it. It is simple, write the alternative, insert two line breaks and the HTML code below.

jporten

stanbusk said:
Yes, and actually it is recommended to write it. It is simple, write the alternative, insert two line breaks and the HTML code below.

I'm likely to have two line breaks in the plain text -- is that the only thing you're parsing for? Or is it two line breaks followed by an <HTML> tag?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
No, it is for you to visually distinguish the two parts. You can use one single line break or no line break at all if you prefer. MaxBulk will find out where the HTML code starts and doesn't need any line break actually.