Find into all lists by default

tomtro

Hi, I am searching frequently for an email addresses using CMD-F (Find). By default the search pop-up window is set to "The selected list". But usually I do not know/remember in which list the particular address is located. It would be much easier if the default setting would be "All lists".
Any chance to have it implemented?
Thanks,
Tom

tomtro

Yes, I think it would solve the problem with selecting "All lists" each time. By the way, selecting just one list has some limitations: user can not see how many times the searched string appears in it, as MB jumps to the first finded position. I am talking here about searching for "@domain.com" addresses -- for instance to replace them quickly when a customer changes domain (e.g. from @domain1.com to @domain2.com). It happens from time to time to my customers and I need to manually do it (ability to batch replacing of strings in address fields would be another precious functionality in MB).
Thank you.

tomtro

There are several problems connected to what you suggested:
1. I need to export each list separately. Imagine you have 50 lists and you need to change 1 email address per list. A time consuming process.
More over, I tried what you suggested and it doesn't work. I exported a list with all fields, updated email addresses and imported with "update". Instead of having email fields updated new subscribers were added to the list. I guess email field is an anchor/pointer and by changing it we loose control over the consistency of the database.

2. I was asking for MaxBulk to remember my choice: "All lists" instead of current list search. It doesn't remember my choice so I need to switch to "All lists" every time I search for a subscriber. A time consuming and annoying process.

3. There is no way to change all the domains at once for each occurance in the WHOLE database. So in order to change [email protected] to [email protected] I need to manually change each occurrence. A time consuming process.

Is any cure for the above planned from your side?

Thanks,
T.