Extracting Email Addresses From MS Outlook - Windows 10

AussieEducator

Hi, your eMail Bounce Handler looks like it will do exactly what I need to get all those failed delivery emails from a Windows MS Outlook 2016 email box.

However, when I go to File>Dredge>From a Text File>MyBouncedEmails.txt, it starts processing, then after about 30 seconds it shows nothing in the Bounces portal.

I'm using the trial download file.

I'm using a txt file created as follows:
- I exported all the bounced emails from Outlook to a CSV file (which MS Outlook exports to an MS Excel file)
- I opened the MS Excel file and exported it via Export>Change File Type>Text (Tab delimited) (*.txt) file a txt file. I noticed the body of each email contains the critical To: [Failed Recipient Email Address] lines for each bounced email. eMail Bounce Handler failed to find any emails.
- I tried exporting to Save as Another File Type>Choosing Text (Macintosh) (*.txt) file and then Text (MS-DOS) (*.txt) and in both cases eMail Bounce Handler failed to find any emails. However, it did take longer to search through the Text (MS-DOS) .txt file but still nothing in the Bounces portal window area.

I hope you can help because I really want it to work and then I'll buy it. Thank you for your help with this.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Are you sure the rule editor contains the right rules to handle your bounces? The rule editor contains a set of default rules to handle non-standard bounces. Standard bounces are handled by default. Please let me know.

--
youtube_social_icon_white_17x12.png
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel and watch our tutorials!
Follow maxprog.com on Facebook | Linkedin | Twitter | YouTube
and keep up-to-date with the latest Max Programming updates!