Errors with MLM online and subscribe asking for user/pass?

BMcDonald

I haven't been using this software for a while now and it was working fine last time I checked. I'm planning to start using it again and suddenly I'm getting errors when accessing MLM online. I didn't change a darn thing. It's not accessing the lists. Login is fine but when I click on "lists" I get these errors and my main database is not showing up at all.

Notice: Undefined variable: result in /home/kickthem/public_html/lm/lm_functions.php on line 1618

Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in /home/kickthem/public_html/lm/lm_admin.php on line 116

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/kickthem/public_html/lm/lm_admin.php on line 116

When I click on Statistics I get:

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/kickthem/public_html/lm/lm_admin.php on line 1166

I hadn't upgraded since version 8.4.4 so I just paid for the upgrade plan and uploaded the new version of everything. Copied all settings over to new lm_settings.php

Generating same errors.

Also, when I test the subscirbe/unsubscribe page it's now asking for a user name and password. Before the upgrade it was generating an error that I can't subscribe.

Any suggestions on how to fix all this would be much appreciated!

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Errors with MLM online and subscribe asking for user/pas

In the lm_prefs.php file make sure $mlm_debug is set to false:

Code:
$mlm_debug           = false;                               // Activate or deactivate the debug mode

Your credentials are saved into the lm_settings.php file.

--
Follow maxprog.com on Facebook | Google+ | Linkedin | Twitter | YouTube
and keep up-to-date with the latest Max Programming updates!

BMcDonald

I turned off the debug all that did was hide the errors. I had mentioned in my original post that I made sure all the info was in the lm_settings.php, that it was correct.

The problems persists. The mySQL database is there on the server but MLM will not pull it up when I click on "lists." When I log in, there isn't any list that shows up even though the info is correct in the lm_settings.php file.

Also, the subscription page on my web site still asks for a user name and password when I submit a subscription request. I'm just using your standard subscribe_single_fixed.php file. Made no changes to it. The only thing I'm doing is loading it in an iframe on the page.

http://kickthemallout.com/page.php/KTAO_eNews_Letter_Subscription_Page

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member

What you saw were not errors but notifications. When debugging is ON, you see them.

About the problem, have you ran the MLM diagnostics? From the MaxBulk Mailer preferences, second panel, next to the MLM URL field, select 'Diagnose. What do you get?

About the password thing this is because the directory you have installed MLM in is password protected. Do you have a '.passwd' field either in the 'lm' or where your form is stored?

--

BMcDonald

I ran the diagnosis and there was a problem connecting to the database. The user name and password was correct, but it wouldn't work. So I created a new user name and password and that fixed that problem. One down one more to go.

The subscription form asking for user name and password issue is still there. I did not password protect the lm folder or anything in it. I double checked through cpanel. I have a call into the hosting company to see if there's somewhere else where a directory would be protected, but I know I certainly didn't do it.

What about moving the html folder somewhere else, or moving the subscribe_single_fixed.php somewhere else other than the html folder?

Also wondering why you have a second lm folder with all the same files in it inside the lm folder?

BMcDonald

Well, we can find anything on the server side that would be requiring a password to submit the subscription form.

I used the mlm installer to install a copy over on another domain, secureprocessing.net to see if it would work on another domain. When I go to the subscription page at: http://secureprocessing.net/lm/html/subscribe_single_fixed.php all I get is a blank page. When I try to run the diagnosis I just get a blank page. Which is making me wonder if mlm only works on one domain? Do you have some list the system checks to see if the user is authorized to use it?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member

You can use MLM anywhere you like. There is a FAQ with typical problems here. Remember you can activate debugging.

The password window you get is from a server-side password protected directory. MLM doesn't do that. MLM login panel uses its own system with cookies.

The LM folder has no duplicates, it looks like you installed MLM twice, one inside the other.

You can move the subscription form pin another place, if it doesn't work just tell me and we will see...

--

BMcDonald

I had another guy take a look at what was going on and he found an invisible .htaccess file in the html folder where the subscription form is. That file had this info in it:

AuthName "Subscription Page"
AuthUserFile "/home/USER/.htpasswds/public_html/lm/html/passwd"

I certainly didn't put that there. This is driving me crazy. I took out the .htacess file but I'm still getting that damned user password window. AHHHHH.

I had someone else look at it as well and he noticed some things with the actual subscription page, so I went back to the last version I had, 8.4.4 and used that version of the subscribe_single_fixed.php page. Guess what? I no longer get the user password window and it cycles to the "Your request has been received successfully" page like it's supposed to. Though I didn't get a confirmation email. At least I'm past the user/password nightmare. Something is in the new subscribe_single_fixed.php that is causing problems that isn't in the older version. Now I just have to figure out why it's not actually sending out the confirmation email.

Here's the older subscription page so you can see there is no longer a user name password window.
http://kickthemallout.com/lm/html/subscribe_single_fixed.php

On the issue of two lm folders, I didn't install two copies. I just uploaded what you provided in the downloaded right off your site. Check out your latest download. In the Goodies folder, the Mailing List Manager has an extra lm folder in it with all duplicate files. I just uploaded the whole things as you provided it. I figured there was a reason you put two copies there.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member

The subscription scripts were slightly modified so they don't need updates when moving from a different folder. It is the only difference.

Indeed there is a duplicate lm folder, our faults when creating the distribution download.

--

BMcDonald

Well, whatever you changed just doesn't work on my setup for some unknown reason. As long as the old version works I'm happy to stick with it. I just need a way for people to subscribe and unsubcribe without being asked for a user name and password.

So now that the user/pass problem is solved, I'm having a problem with the notice being sent out. It displays the message that it is sent, but it's not actually sending the confirmation notice. I can't find any errors to tell me what may be going on.

Any ideas on that issue?

BMcDonald

Yes. I tested it quite a few times and no confirmation email is actually going out.

I tried configuring the prefs to use SMTP but when I submit the form It generates these errors.

Warning: require_once(Mail.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/USER/public_html/lm/lm_functions.php on line 1940

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'Mail.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/USER/public_html/lm/lm_functions.php on line 1940

I have it configured to use a mail service at rackspace not to user the server's mail system.

BMcDonald

Well, I turned off the stmp authorization feature and suddenly the subscribe/unsubscribe is all working correctly again. Don't know why, but I'll take it. It's all working again.

There is definitely something about the new subscription page. I just tried it again and it's asking for the user/password again. The old version doesn't cause that to happen.

So problem solved by going back to the old version.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member

The subscription page contains a form and an action linked to the submit button. In previous version that action was written plain as a php file URL. Now it is guessed:
Code:
//-- INTERNAL PARAMETERS -------------------------------------------------------

$script_file = $_SERVER["SCRIPT_NAME"];
$script_path = Explode( '/', $script_file );
$script_name = $script_path[ count( $script_path ) - 1 ];
You can restore previous behavior by setting $script_name to the php subscription file url.

--

BMcDonald

Well, is there any problem just using the old form?

Anyway, not sure how to do what you're say on the new one. I do very little coding.

You mean something like?

//-- INTERNAL PARAMETERS -------------------------------------------------------

$script_file = $_SERVER["SCRIPT_NAME"];
$script_path = Explode( '/', $script_file );
$script_name = "../html/subscribe_single_fixed.php";