Errors checking large lists inc Yahoo and Hotmail

themainman

ok smart little tool except the problems i see are as follows. Perhaps the admin can assist with these questions:

- because you cant use a proxy list, very quickly your port can be blocked from checking large amounts of mail ive noticed and thats presumably what happens when you get the cant check errors after a while

- related to the above you dont have any timing settings so you cant react to the MX telling you to back off

- i know it cant detect Yahoo as they wont tell you but what about Hotmail/MSN/Live?

-does the program dump to a file somewhere so if it crashes you dont loose all your hard work?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
- because you cant use a proxy list, very quickly your port can be blocked from checking large amounts of mail ive noticed and thats presumably what happens when you get the cant check errors after a while
Do you mean the port 25?
- related to the above you dont have any timing settings so you cant react to the MX telling you to back off
Hum... What do you mean?
- i know it cant detect Yahoo as they wont tell you but what about Hotmail/MSN/Live?
Same for those. They will always tell you the address is good.
-does the program dump to a file somewhere so if it crashes you dont loose all your hard work?
Not yet!... but I take note.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Doing less lookups. It looks like a stupid answer but it is the answer. You could also change the DNS server address regularly...