Email Verifier

rzee

We just purchased the Email Verifier and have run over 26K email addresses. The initial run produced 6500 good, 600 bad and ~18K untested/with errors. We then decided to rerun the bad and untested/with errors and resulted in 2200 good, 1220 bad and the rest untested/with errors. First question is: what does "untested" mean and secondly, do we have to rerun all the time to get more accurate results? Thanks.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Try current v2.2. It works much better on Windows and doesn't behave as v2.1. Let me know.

rzee

Tried v2.2. There's a lot less emails with errors this time. It's been running for over 24 hours now with 23K emails - so far it's tested 22K with only 1,348 erroring out. The one thing I noticed though is that it disappears from the taskbar after awhile. I thought it terminated at first but Task Manager shows it's still running, and Alt+Tab displays the window back up.

What does "untested" mean?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Untested means you should re-test. Save results keeping only those e-mail addresses and retest. When does it disappear from the task bar? At the beginning? When you start to test?

rzee

After awhile - it was running for over 24 hours before it started to disappear from the taskbar, and also after I've opened a few other applications at the same time (IE, Excel, Outlook, etc.)

Is there an easy way of getting the reason why an email is "bad"? If you run a single email, it tells you "[Bad Email] 550... User Unknown" or "User Overquota", but when you run in bulk, is there a way to find out?

Also, I'm down to 2K that are "untested/timeout" and have reran 6x. Are these emails still "good", but just under some circumstances (domain settings maybe?) it's not verifiable?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Next eMail Verifier version will include the exact error message. I don't understand you second question about "untested/timeout", what do you mean with verifiable?

rzee

I'm just trying to get to the reason why they can't be tested? What makes an email address be labeled "untested"? Are these emails still good, but something just went wrong so it can't be tested for now? Is it something we can do on our end so we don't get a lot of "untested" emails?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
If you refer to Time-outs, it is simple. They mean eMail Verifier was able to resolve e-mail domain but was not able to connect to the mail exchanger. He gets no error, just the server not responding when trying to connect. In such cases you can't say if an address is good or bad, it is simply untested or impossible to test.

rzee

Is the new version available yet with the error message being displayed when running a test in bulk? Thanks.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The new version is available but what do you mean with 'the error message being displayed when running a test in bulk'?

rzee

new version

In my post last Apr 25, I had mentioned that when I run a single email test, verifier displays the reason why an email is bad, however, when you run for multiple emails, it doesn't. You then replied on Apr 26, that it will be in the new version coming out in Sep or Oct.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, now I understand. In fact new version show that results. You can also save them to a file and open them with Excel for example.