Dropbox to sync?

CirruZZ

Is there any drawbacks to use Dropbox to sync .icash files to be able to work on two computers? Except the obvious to not have the same file opened simultaneously on two computers. I'm using the win version.

And using Dropbox to sync the .icash file, is there any information that wont sync? As far as I have found, import settings, does not store in the .icash file and therefor not sync. Any solution to this?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think so, Dropbox is an excellent service. Indeed all you have to do is to make sure a file has been synchronized before opening it and also closed on the other computer.

iCash settings cannot be synchronized with Dropbox but you can simply both iCash copies with the same preferences. I do that with many applications here.

CirruZZ

Thanks for answering :D

How do you meen with "both iCash copies with the same preferences"? Should i manually set the same preferences on the other computer or could i somehow copy the preferences?

The settings i especially would like to have on both computers is the import settings with the rules I've sett up.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I mean the iCash main preferences, the ideal is to set them equally so you can see the file the same way.

CirruZZ

Okey, then I get it.

How about all the settings/configurations that is done for the import feature? Like rules and so on.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
For that you would have to move the iCash preference file from one computer to the other. I have a customer request here to add rules Import/Export but it has not been developed yet.