Dredging

donny

Dredge still not working...

I have set up a new mailbox under ON MY MAC called "Bounces", and tried to Dredge | From Apple Mail...

When I enter "Bounces" and press Ok button, it goes back to the Bounce Handler but nothing happens after that...I have moved all my bounced email messages to the Bounces folder.

donny

Dredge

Yes, they are all "Mail Delivery Subsystem (Returned mail)". "MAILER-DAEMON (failure notice)", etc.

donny

I have rules that match the subject, message...anything I can think of.

What do you mean by DSN?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
A DSN is a standard bounce. They are automatically handled so no rules is needed.

I have tried here and the bounces are extracted as usual. Try to rename the folder again.

donny

I have tried changing names, moving folders into subfolders, pretty much every combination I can think of...all with the same bounce messages in them. Still no luck.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know then. It should work, it does here as usual. Are you sure the folder is a root folder? Are you using Leopard?

donny

I have version 1.0.1-US and my OS is Leopard 10.5.2. Yes, my folder is a root folder under "ON MY MAC".

Is there any workaround I can use to export my bounced emails in Apple Mail and then import them into the Bounce Handler?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
v1.0.1? This is very old. Current version is 3.5 Only v3.3 or higher is compatible with Leopard.

donny

This has copyright 2007 Macware, Inc. and Developed by Max Programming, LLC so it seems fairly new...

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, you have to ask Macware, Inc. then. They licensed the product and then handle the support for them.

jbillz

stanbusk said:
You can try dragging and dropping the file itself to eMail Bounce Handler.

OK,,, I've dragged and dropped, tried from txt file and from clipboard. No luck. It just appears as empty with no emails. I am running Vista. Does this program support Vista?