Difference When Clicking On Query Tab vs CMD 3

Jade

Not sure if this is working as intended.

Scenario:

Run Query
Double Click on Transaction to modify (on Transaction Panel)
Change Transaction and save change

CMD 3 to go back to Query panel

Result:
Returned to Query Panel.
** difference ** Query Panel not updated (The updated transaction is still showing on the list even though it no longer meets the criteria.)
Click on FIND to recreate the report
Report updated correctly.

Now, if instead of using the CMD 3 option to return to the Query Panel, I instead Click the QUERY Tab:

Result:
Returned to Query Panel
** difference ** Query Panel already updated, modified transaction no longer appears because it no longer meets the criteria.

Personally I wouldn't mind both working the same way, preferably that the query result would automatically update when you return to that panel. However, maybe some users wish to retain temporary access to the original list as they are making updates. I don't know about that.

Thanks again.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Weird, clicking on a tab and pressing Cmd-3 run the same exact code, I mean, the same exact function. There is no reason for such behavior. I have tried here and at least for me the Query is refreshed the same way. Are you able to reproduce?

Jade

Hi,

I just reproduced and took a total of 4 screen shots.

1) The original Query with the transaction highlighted
2) The modified transaction on the transaction panel
3) Query Panel after returning using CMD-3
4) Query Panel after returning using mouse click on Query Tab

If I open a support ticket as I recall I can only attach 3 files. How would you like me to proceed?

Thanks.

Jade

Done.

Support Ticket #12755

I forgot to sign in so it's submitted as a guest rather than member. (It's one of those days!)

Thanks.