Deleting lists with "&" in the title?

Okay, so I have this list named "Parks & Attractions". When I go to the list in MLM, the " & Attractions" is cut off, and it's just called "Parks". I DO understand why this happens, but how do I delete the list? Because when I click the delete button, it says "List: Parks does not exist" (because it is obviously looking for Parks & Attractions). I have tried the delete command and everything for both Parks and Parks & Attractions, both to no avail. What gives?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Have you also tried to log into MLM with your browser and delete the list from there?

That's where I was originally having the trouble. Then I tried the commands, and no luck. Try to re-create the situation, and tell me how you solve it.

How did you fix it? Is this something I would be able to do, or do I need to download the whole script and re-install it for it to be fixed? Did you really figure it out?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
You will have to download MaxBulk Mailer 8.3.8 when available. There is indeed a problem in the app I needed to fix related to the use f the character '&' in list names.

If anyone else has this problem in MLM or the command line, I found a really simple workaround. I had no idea you could even do this, which shows what an amateur I am, but there's likely people out there using this software that are even more amateur:

Anyway, just display your remote lists in MaxBulk Mailer by selecting the drop-down arrow like normal, then simply highlight the list, right-click, and delete. It might work if you actually press "Delete" as well, but I didn't try it that way. (Also nice: it re-organizes your remote lists in alphabetical order.)

I may sound really stupid for noting these things, but as of right now, this is THE only way I have found for deleting lists with "&" in them.